QuickBooks is a top-quality accounting software in terms of managing finances and meeting small and medium-sized business goals. Such an application contains lots of astonishing features including deleting a fund deposit in QuickBooks. Though, it is somehow an extent complicated feature which we are going to explain in this post. Therefore, read continuously with full of carefulness to exactly know How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks. So, after understanding this particular feature, you will be tension-free regarding payment. You can though keep your company’s books up-to-date simply by deleting the deposit funds anytime when making a wrong payment.
Payment Categories In QuickBooks
Before making any payment, you must categorize it in QuickBooks. Generally, QuickBooks payments is been parted into two substantial classifications. Here are:
- Deposited Payments.
- Undeposited Payments.
Therefore, if you use QuickBooks for managing business accountants, two different payment methods will be in your hand. So, don’t worry about unnecessary payment as you can eventually Delete A Payment From A Deposit In QuickBooks. However, the entire procedures of deposit funds deletion are described in this article. You just have to constantly read from top-to-toe. Other than that you can contact our professional team for QuickBooks Technical Support if you are seeking tech assistance.
Comprehensive Guidelines For How To Delete A Deposit In QuickBooks
If you wish to Delete A Deposit In QuickBooks, then inside the Edit toolbar search for the “Delete Deposit” option. If several payments are done in one deposit, then simply open the transaction and use the Delete Line option. Here’s what to perform:
- First and forecast, place a single click on “Lists” positioned at the top menu bar.
- Then, in the next step, give a click on the “Chart Of Accounts” option.
- Thereafter, give a double-tap on the “Account”.
- And then, click on the “Deposit” option.
- If you would like to delete a particular payment, just select it from the list.
- Now, give a single click on the “Edit” tab placed at the top menu bar.
- Then, you have to select the “Delete Line” option.
- Finally, you can choose the “Delete Deposit” option if you want to delete the entire deposit.
- Now, click the “OK” tab if you will be asked to delete the transactions.
- Finally, click “OK” for confirmation.
This is the accurate and fruitful course of action for deleting your deposit in QuickBooks. Thus, follow up carefully to Delete A Deposit as soon as you can.
What Happens If I Void A Deposit In QuickBooks?
When you create a transaction by mistake, you need to Void A Deposit In QuickBooks now. However, it is best to void a transaction rather than deleting it. When you choose the Void option instead of Delete, here’s what will happen:
- The dollar amount will be converting to $0.
- Your entire accounts or balances will be turned to zero by QuickBooks.
- Your account balances or financial reports won’t be affected.
- Furthermore, you will always have a record of your Void transaction in QuickBooks.
Steps To Void A Deposit In QuickBooks
So, once you decide to void a deposit, here’s how:
- First, go to the “Sales” or “Expenses” menu.
- Find a transaction that you have made accidentally. Open the transaction now.
- Review the transaction properly.
- If you want to include the void date, add a note to the “Memo” section.
- Then, select “More” in the footer.
- And finally, tap on the “Void” option.
- Choose “Yes” to confirm.
However, at a time, only one traction you can void.
How To Delete A Payment In QuickBooks?
If you already have decided not to accept a payment, use the Edit menu to Delete A Payment In QuickBooks. In the beneath section, steps will guide you through the deleting procedure. Go through one by one:
- First, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, on the QuickBooks home page, click on the “Record Deposits” tab.
- After that, choose the “Banking” menu and the “Make Deposits” option.
- Now, click on the “Cancel” tab if the “Payment to deposits” window appears on your system’s screen.
- Click “Previous” to identify the payment or deposit that has to be deleted.
- Next, you have to click on the “Edit” menu and then choose “Delete Deposit”. With this, click “OK” if want to delete the payment with 100% surety.
The above instructions will guide you on How To Delete A Payment From A Deposit In QuickBooks. Therefore, without any confusion, follow one-by-one till the end without skipping a single step.
How To Delete Duplicate Deposits In QuickBooks?
When you enter the payment twice by mistakenly, then Duplicate Payments will appear in QuickBooks. So, if you do the same, don’t fret! Just follow the below steps to instantly Delete Duplicate Deposits In QuickBooks:
- First, on your Windows Desktop, click on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- Thereafter, select the “Company file” tab.
- Once your company file opens on your screen, go to the “Banking” menu and select “Make a Deposit” from the displayed options.
- Choose the part that you want to delete and then choose the “Edit” option.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, click “Edit Delete Line”.
- Now, click “Save for changes” to apply the changes.
- Now, transfer to the “List” menu and select “Chart of Accounts”.
- Double-click on the Undeposited Funds In QuickBooks to display the bank account register for this type of fund.
- Finally, click on the “Duplicate Payment” that you want to delete.
- And use the “Edit” tab to “Delete” Payment firmly.
How Can I Delete A Deposit From Undeposited Funds In QuickBooks?
Here’s the complete guide which lets you know How To Delete A Deposit From Undeposited Funds In QuickBooks. Give a glimpse and follow simultaneously:
- Open QuickBooks and select the “Lists” option.
- Choose “Chart of Accounts” from the listed menu.
- Now, choose QuickBooks Undeposited Funds from the drop-down list.
- Next, give a right-click on the “Amount to be deleted” option and then place a single-tap on “Delete Deposit”.
- Now, press the “OK” tab to confirm the action.
How To Edit A Deposit In QuickBooks Online?
Depending on how the deposit was recorded, you Edit A Deposit In QuickBooks Online. Here’s how to do:
- First, open QuickBooks Online.
- Then, go to the “Bank Deposit” section.
- Check if the deposit lists in the “Add other funds to this deposit” section. If it is so, editing the name on the deposit will be easy and simple.
- You just have to locate and open the deposit on the screen.
- Go to the “Name” field and then change the name according to your choice.
- Now, click the “Save” button.
How Do I Edit Deposits In QuickBooks Desktop?
Here’s how you can Edit Deposits In QuickBooks Desktop:
- Click “Accounting” on the left panel, and then opt for the “Chart of Accounts” option.
- Locate the account where the payment was deposited, and then click “View register”.
- Select the deposit, and then click “Edit”.
Read Also- How to use QuickBooks Scan Manager?
Obtain 24/7 Online QuickBooks Technical Support For Additional Info
Hopefully, you got understand How To Delete A Deposit In QuickBooks. This blog will serve as the best and effective guidance to delete a deposit in QB. Moreover, we also discuss deleting a payment in QuickBooks or deleting a payment from deposited funds. So, if you ever mistakenly add the deposits inaccurately, then you can take assistance from here anytime. You can also contact us for QuickBooks Technical Support if you have any queries or doubts.