Steps to Register/Activate Quickbooks Desktop 2016
Are you looking for help to activate QuickBooks desktop? Follow this guide, explaining the step-by-step process!
Quickbooks is a popular accounting and bookkeeping software used worldwide. Every time you download and install the software, It asks you to register and activate QuickBooks account both on Windows and Mac. Therefore, make sure you have the necessary information required to register QuickBooks.
Further, if you are using multiple copies of QuickBooks desktop, you need to activate QuickBooks for all of them. In that case, you need to repeat the process for each of them. But, if you face any issue, you can connect with QuickBooks support for help.
Though QuickBooks itself activates the QuickBooks desktop, also you can do so manually. But the question is, how would you register or activate QuickBooks desktop manually? We are here to help you.
Let’s get started!
How to Activate Quickbooks Desktop?
The process to activate QuickBooks is simple. On your QuickBooks desktop screen, you see an option “set up your intuit account.” login to the intuit account and activate it.
However, we will advise you to follow the step-by-step guide to avoid getting in trouble. Before that, there are some crucial points you should know.
What are those? Read below.
- Initially, check if your QuickBooks account is already activated or not.
- If yes, you do not need to do anything. But if not, follow the Guide.
- Thus, to check the registration status of QuickBooks (activated or not), press the “F2” key or “Ctrl+1” keys together.
- Next, suppose you get an error “the validation code is wrong” when activating QuickBooks. In that case, you need to verify the points mentioned below:
- The validation code is correct.
- Make sure that both the license and the product number are valid. If the product number is incorrect or does not match, change the product number.
- Once done, move forward with the activation process.
Register Quickbooks Desktop 2016 or Latest Versions
Following are the steps for registering QuickBooks desktop 2016 or its latest version.
Step 1: Launch Quickbooks software or press the F2 key.
Step 2: Next, check the registration status of the QuickBooks on the product information windows. You can get these details on the right side of the license number.
- Case 1: The QuickBooks status is activated. You do not have to process further.
- Case 2: The QuickBooks status is not activated. Follow the steps mentioned here:
- Select Ok, and the product information window will get closed.
- Now, visit the help menu.
- For Newer versions after 2016: select activate QuickBooks.
- For version 2015: select Register Quickbooks.
- Next, follow the instruction prompting on your window screen and complete the activation process.
- Once you complete the QuickBooks register/activation process, you will receive a confirmation message.
Register Quickbooks Desktop For Mac
Are you a QuickBooks Mac user? Follow these steps for registering QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- To begin, visit the menu to select register QuickBooks.
- Next, enter the details – product number and license number and then select Next.
- Then select the tab Register Online.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen and complete the registering QuickBooks process.
Note: If you don’t get a register option, the software is already registered.
Register Quickbooks for Older Versions
Intuit discontinued the previous version of 2016. Thus, these products cant be registered for the first time.
However, if any product of QuickBooks registered previously, it can be re-registered before or when re-installing it.
Nonetheless, you can connect with the customer service provider. You will get help with the validation code except for discontinued products.
Activate Quickbooks with Intuit Account
On the QuickBooks activation screen, you get two choices – one, to create a new account, and second, to log in to the existing account.
In the first case, when creating a new account –
- Fill in the necessary details, such as the user name, and create a password.
- Then, complete the registration process.
Note: The registration form includes the phone number, and the ZIP code is already filled based on the company file you opened.
In the second case, just by entering the login details (user ID and password), you can start the process of QuickBooks activation.
In case you forgot your user ID or the password, here is how to retrieve them:
- Visit the QuickBooks official website.
- Select the “I forgot my user ID or password” link.
- Now, enter any information you remember: user ID/Email Address/Phone number.
- Once you enter, you will receive a code. Please enter it.
- Now, you will see your user ID reset password.
- After resetting the password, log in again.
Tips: Note down the password or save it on your phone memo.
Issues occur when registering/activating QuickBooks Desktop
If you face any issue with the information not being accepted, recheck it. Make sure you enter the same information provided at the time of purchase.
If you encounter a blank screen, an error message, or facing any technical issue, disable the antivirus program. Sometimes, the antivirus program restricts the functioning of other software due to security concerns. However, disable the antivirus temporarily.
You may also like: Common QuickBooks Payroll Problems and their Solutions
As mentioned above, if you are using multiple copies of QuickBooks, you need to activate QuickBooks to reach them. With that, we hope that you have registered or activated the QuickBooks desktop on your system. Nonetheless, if you encounter an error while following the steps, feel free to connect with QuickBooks technical support. Further, if you have any queries or need suggestions regarding QuickBooks, our technicians are always ready to help.