QuickBooks won’t Open is the one common problem that might be arisen unknowingly and the users get infuriated because most of the important task is on pending. As sooner as users resolve this issue, they can work with QuickBooks Help by hassle-freely opening their company files or data. If you are also the one who tries to open QuickBooks Company file or data but unfortunately it prevents to be opened, then don’t feel blue! You are at right place as here; the complete troubleshooting procedure will be in your hand. The required thing you should do is to read out this blog post from top-to-toe carefully and perform the tasks as it is on your own.
Reasons if “QuickBooks Unable To Open The Company Files”
There can be plenty of factors which causes company file not opening in QuickBooks problem. Some of the common factors are given below:
- Due to the company files get corrupted or damaged
- It might be the file is already been opened on another system using multi-user network
- May be you are using the wrong method to open the file
- Report issue with the company file
- QuickBooks software version might be outdated
- One main reason can also be the company name is too long
Therefore, during accessing your QuickBooks help Company file, you should keep all these above things in mind. In case the files get corrupted or damaged, just check it out at an instant and try to fix this problem. As only then you will be applicable to access your data frequently without finding any hurdle.
Fix QuickBooks won’t Open with Easy Methods
However, there are multiple ways through which you can fix QuickBooks won’t open hurdle. All the effective remedies are provided here. All you need to do is to simply go through the whole procedure till the end and get rid of this issue by giving a couple of minutes.
1. Close QBW32.exe process
- Close QBW32.exe process
- First thing you should do is to close this exe file from your windows operating system. Do it by following the below given steps:
- First and forecast, give a right-click on the Windows taskbar and then select “Start Task Manager”
- After that, Click the “Processes” tab and then click the Image Name header to minimize the processes alphabetically
- Now, locate and select QBW32.EXE and then click “End Process”
By performing the above steps, QBW32.exe process will definitely be closed and then after when you click on the QuickBooks help Company file, it will open without showing any error message. But in case the file is still refuges to be opened, then try the next solution method.
2. Suppress The QuickBooks Desktop Application
In case your company file is damaged or corrupted, then you have to be assured that the QuickBooks program itself is working. QuickBooks may be trying to open your previous company, so it’s important to isolate if the program or your company file is functioning.
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and then press double-click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon
- Important Note: Do not release the “Ctrl” key until you see the “No Company Open” window, unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error
- Select a company file and choose “Open”
If the file hassle-freely opens, then you can frequently do your business work.But if still it is not opening, then try the next given solution.
3. Restart Your Desktop
By restarting your Desktop, this will bring the system up from the scratch and swipes away the present state of the application. After restarting your Desktop completely, attempt to open your QuickBooks. It might be opened without any difficulty.
4. Re-register QuickBooks Regarding Products in Computer
If QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start, then make sure that the QuickBooks is already registered. If it doesn’t register, then first make it and then try to open the file.
Check QuickBooks Is Registered
- With QuickBooks open, press “F2” key on your keyboard. Doing this, you will see the product information window opens
- Next, check for the registration status of QuickBooks at the right of the license number
- In case, you are already registered, then it will display register and you are ready to go
If QuickBooks is Not Registered
- First click “OK” on your screen to close the Product Information window
- Next, click on “Help” option and choose “Activate QuickBooks”
- After that follow the on-screen instruction to verify your information and complete the activation process
5. Rename The .TLG and .ND Extension
Sometimes, due to saving the file with creating too long name may trouble in opening the file. Therefore, make the file name short by renaming the extension .TLG and .ND. Follow the below instructions for doing this:
- Open the folder where the QuickBooks company file is saved
- Right-click the transaction log file and rename it to [company file name] OLD.qbw.TLG. It has the same name as the company file with a .tlg file extension. Follow the same process in order to rename the .ND file
- Open the company file, it will open
6. Copy The Company File To A New Location
If the company file is located to a network drive, copy it to the local drive of the computer system where you are working on. If the local file opens, troubleshoot your network configuration. You can download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor to help you with this process.
- Create a new folder in your C: drive
- Open the folder where the company file is saved
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” key. Select the company file and the corresponding .TLG of your company file
- Right-click on that file and select “Copy”
- Open the new folder. Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + V key
If any of the above methods of solution is not beneficial to open the company file in your QuickBooks, then at the end you can move your QuickBooks Company file to another computer. And then try to open on that computer. The problem might be resolved.
Further Contact Deft Connoisseurs to fix QuickBooks won’t Open Issue
You can get handy solution in an effortless manner via dialing the provided helpline number. It is the last option to get your “QuickBooks won’t Open” problem eliminated.