QuickBooks is an effective accounting software that is introduced to meet all your business needs. However, failure and errors are a part of every software. QuickBooks error code 15106 occurs due to some problems while updating the payroll software. The error 15106 implies that the update program has been disrupted. At the time of using QuickBooks payroll when you try to enable update then QuickBooks Update Error can occur. Get help from QuickBooks Support team to apply the given steps.
Reasons of QuickBooks Error 15106
Many users receive the messages like – “The update program updated or the damaged program cannot be opened”. Users often think why this messages pop up on their laptop screen. The two main causes of this are given below.
- Sometimes, Spy Sweeper can be present in the web root anti-virus
- Users may not have logged in with the proper username having admin level rights. In this situation, the chances to read and write new files get limited resulting in the problem to perform the desired task.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 15106
To resolve this error, you can try the below steps.
- In the situation like the user has not logged in as an administrator, the first thing required to do is to log in as an Administrator. This may assist in resolving QuickBooks update error 15106. In case the issue continues, go for the second fixing method.
- Several times the Spy Sweeper creates the problem. You can check out its existence in your systems. For that, you have to open Windows Task Manager by clicking Ctrl+Shift+Esc. After that, you have to click on the processes tab and search for Spy sweeper.exe. You can also do one of the below things-
- If it is in the processing tab, you should delete or uninstall it by opting Add/Remove programs in the Windows. This can help in fixing QuickBooks Update Error 15106.
- Suppose you cannot find the Spy Sweeper in the computer system, In this case, you have to open drive C and navigate C:\ Program Files\ CommonFiles\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\ components. Then you have to reset QuickBooks update after renaming download<nn> to downloadqb<nn> old. This step can help you to resolve QuickBooks update Error.
- In case the above steps fail to resolve QuickBooks error . In this situation, you have to turn off the User Account Control temporarily depending upon the Windows used by you.
- If QuickBooks error issue still continues, the user should opt QuickBooks clean installation.
Still Facing QuickBooks Error 15106? Contact Experts
If the above process is not convenient to fix error code 15106, then you can consult Intuit certified professionals to deal with your problem. To grab their services, call o our Toll Free Number or else, visit our website.