Instant Fixes For QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks is effective accounting software that is introduced to meet all your business needs. However, failure and errors are a part of every software. QuickBooks Error 15106 occurs due to some problems while updating the payroll software. The QuickBooks Error Code 15106 implies that the update program has been disrupted. At the time of using QuickBooks payroll when you try to enable update then QuickBooks Update Error can occur. Get help from the QuickBooks Support team to apply the given steps.
What do you mean by QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
QuickBooks Error Code 15106 is an error that usually arises while updating QuickBooks Desktop. It occurs due to insufficient administration rights or firewall limitations on the QuickBooks update service. Error 15106 also shows that the update program is damaged. Let’s have a look at the error message that pops on the screen when QuickBooks Payroll Error appears.
Error message pops up-
Many users receive the messages like – “The update program or the damaged program cannot be opened”. Users often think about why these messages pop up on their laptop screens. In this blog, we will tell you all the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 15106.
Reasons behind Error 15106 in QuickBooks
Here is a list of all the possible reasons behind the error 15106. They are as follows:-
- Sometimes, Spy Sweeper can be present in the webroot anti-virus.
- Users may not have logged in with the proper username having admin level rights. In this situation, the chances to read and write new files get limited resulting in the problem to perform the desired task.
- Insufficient administrative rights also lead to error 15106.
- QuickBooks installation can’t install all the additional components that are essential for updating the software.
- Malware programs hinder the QuickBooks updating process.
- When Windows User Account Control Settings are set too high, then also you will face this error. Because it will interfere with the QuickBooks updation process.
How do I fix QuickBooks Error code 15106?
To resolve this error, you can try the below steps such as-
Access the Administrator account on your system
- First of all, click the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
- Now, click on User Account and Family Safety >> User Accounts >> Manager Other Accounts option.
- Type your admin password whenever it asks for.
- However, if your account is of administrator type, then you can see the account type just below the account name.
Modify QuickBooks Updates
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Help menu, select the Update QuickBooks option.
- In the Options tab, choose Mark All option and click the Save button.
- Next, visit the Update tab, and then check a mark on the Reset Updates Now option.
- At last, click on the Get Updates option and update the software.
Eliminate WebRoot Spyware Sweeper
- Hit the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, click on Add/Remove Programs option.
- Now, double-click the WebRoot option and select the Uninstall option.
- After that, click the Next button.
- Next, you have to follow all the on-screen instructions in order to fully eliminate the application from Windows.
- Once the instructions are over, then again start your system. Now, try to install the QuickBooks Updates. This is how you can fix this update error.
Turn off User Account Control(UAC) Settings
- If you are using Windows OS other than Windows 10, then click the Start button and then choose Control Panel. However, if you are working on Windows 10 OS, then directly find UAC from Cortana search.
- Next, hit the User Account Control(UAC) Settings and turn the slider to turn off(or Never Notify).
- Once it is over, then click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Perform Clean Installation in safe mode
In case the above steps fail to resolve the QuickBooks error, then the user should opt for QuickBooks clean installation. This will help you to quickly resolve the QuickBooks Update Error.
Read Also- How do I fix error 15241 in QuickBooks?
If the above process is not convenient to fix the QuickBooks Error 15106, then you can consult Intuit certified professionals to deal with your problem. To grab QuickBooks Technical Support services, call our Toll-Free Number or else, visit our website. We will provide you the 100% effective solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 15106 as soon as possible.