QuickBooks is one of the topmost accounting software, significantly used in small and medium-sized organizations. This software is useful in financial management. With its advanced inventory features, it becomes effortless to track expenses, payroll, send invoices, bill payments, or many more. You will rather get to know whether you are making money or losing money with such an application. Though, like other software requires updating regularly, QuickBooks also requires upgradation. While sometimes, when you upgrade or install QB, QuickBooks Exeadapter Error probably occurs. However, such a specific error may happen due to several causes. In this guide, we describe what does the error means, why it appears, and how to fix it. So, read to learn more about it!
What Is QuickBooks Exeadapter Error?
QuickBooks Exeadapter Error 61686 is an installer error generally encounter at the time of installing QuickBooks. This error mainly generates if the Framework.xml file damages or corrupt. However, once the installer error 61686 evolves, you can prevent from installing your QB. Or if it occurs at the time of upgrading QB to its latest release, you won’t be able to upgrade.
The Message Pops On The Screen When This Error Arises
You will further receive an error message on your screen when the QuickBooks Error 61686 arises. The message statement would be read as:
- We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. EXEAdapter error: InstallExe method receive the system error from create process, command-“c:\user\asaeed\appdata\local\temp\premier_us27r1\ thirdparty\dotnet46\ndp46-kb3045557-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe”\q\norestart\chainingpackage QuickBooks system message – The component store has been corrupted”.
With basic troubleshooting tips, you can solve QuickBooks Installer Error 61686. However, if you want to save your precious time, you can contact our technical team for QuickBooks Technical Support.Simply dial the given number to be in touch with us. One of our experts will lend you a hand with relevant quick fixes. Call us anytime anywhere and stay tuned!
Possible Reasons Behind Exeadapter Error
Though, the corrupt Framework.xml file is not the only reason behind the occurrence ofQuickBooks Exeadapter Error. Several more factors are also responsible for such an error problem. Check them out:
- When any other program mistakenly deletes the Windows Installer-related documents.
- When there is no internet speed to download and install QuickBooks.
- Exeadapter Error also happens due to incomplete installation of Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows PC.
- If you are attempting to install an outdated version of Microsoft .NET Framework, then also the same error produces.
- Windows system probably is infected with a virus or malicious threats.
- When the Framework.xml file accidentally erases, then also the Exeadapter Error exists.
What Are Its Symptoms?
Here’s the list of signs that indicates QuickBooks Installer Error 61686:
- A pop-up message stating Windows Installation Error 61686 suddenly appears on the screen.
- The dynamic programming windows get burnt.
- The system gets frozen for a couple of moments.
- When the system responds sluggishly and slowly to the mouse or keyboard inputs.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Exeadapter Error?
In the below segment, an extensive range of productive guidance is mentioned. So, now it’s time to stop pulling your hairs after seeing QuickBooks Installer Error on a computer display. A fruitful solving guide is now at your doorstep. Just start following the troubleshooting methods one by one unless the error code 61686 dissolves completely. Let’s begin:
Repair Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows
A corruption of the .NET Framework or incompatibility with a third-party application could also result QuickBooks Exeadapter Error. That’s why, we suggest you correct it first by just reinstalling and updating the Microsoft .NET Framework manually. Here are the steps you need to go through accordingly:
- First, press Windows key + letter R altogether on your keyboard to invoke the “Run” Window.
- Now, type “Appwiz.cpl” in the Run dialog box and hit “OK.”
- Afterward, from Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
- Thereafter, locate “Microsoft .Net Framework” from the list of programs. And then give a single click on it.
- Afterward, select “Uninstall/Change” to completely uninstall it.
- Once the Uninstallation process is over, restart your computer system immediately.
- Now, again land on the “Programs and Features” window.
- Then, from the left side panel, click the “Add / Remove Windows Features” tab.
- From the list of programs, click on the link “Microsoft .Net Framework” to expand.
- Click on the first & second check boxes to select. And then click OK to save the changes you made.
- Now, follow the instructions shown on the screen to completely uninstall the MS framework installation file.
- After eradicating the previous installation, download, and install the current release of Microsoft .Net Framework.
- In the end, restart your computer. After that open QuickBooks Integration Manager once again.
Now try installing or upgrading your QuickBooks to check if QuickBooks Error Code 61686 resolve or not. If the same error continues, jump to the next solving tricks.
Modify Framework.xml File
Follow the instructions only when you install QB from a Desktop:
- On your keyboard, press the keys “Windows + R” to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “%temp%” in the Run command search field and then hit OK.
- Now, open the folder with the name of QuickBooks.
- After opening the QBs folder, find the “Framework.xml” file, and then give a right-click on it.
- Now, choose the “Rename”.
- Simply, you need to add “.OLD” at the end of the file. So, rename the file to Framework.xml.OLD.
- Now, download a new or fresh Framework.xml file and save it to the QBooks folder.
- Get back to the installation folder and run the setup.exe file with the on-screen directives.
NOTE: If you are unable to start QB installation using the Setup.exe file, then open the QBs folder. Thereafter you have to give double-tap on the QuickBooks.msi file.
Follow the instructions only when you install QuickBooks from a CD
- First, you have to create a copy of the installer file on your desktop.
- Now, insert the QBs installation CD into your computer or laptop disc.
- Now, open the disk drive on your system.
- Locate and open the QBooks folder on your desktop.
- Place a right-click on the “Framework.xml” file and select Rename.
- Next, rename the file to Framework.xml.OLD.
- Afterward, download the new Framework.xml file and save it to the QBooks folder on your desktop.
- Run the setup.exe file on your desktop.
NOTE: If running the setup.exe file won’t let the installation process begins, run the QuickBooks.msi file.
Now, check if QuickBooks Exeadapter Error 61686 resolve or yet persists. You can move to the next solving tricks in case the same error remains appearing.
Download And Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Additionally, we advise you to run the QB Diagnostic Tool to rectify the QuickBooks Exeadapter Error. Running this tool will annihilate the problems with Windows components like MSXML, C++, and the Microsoft .NET Framework. Though, not only Exeadapter Error remove but also any installation errors will be fixed. Here’s how to download and use it:
- First, get QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official Intuit Website.
- Now, download the file on your Windows Desktop.
- After that, close all the applications currently running on your Windows.
- Next, give a double-tap on the QB Install Diagnostic file. And then follow the on-screen instructions. By doing so the repairing process will start.
- Once the repair process is over, restart your computer system.
- Now, check to see if the QuickBooks Installer Error disappear or not. If still exists, continue with the next solving tricks.
Download And Install Windows Updates
Here’s how to do so:
- Press the “Windows logo + R” keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel in the Search field and hit OK.
- Search for the “Windows Update” tab from the Control panel and click on it.
- Now, open Windows Update and click “Check for Updates”.
- If Windows find any updates, then it will automatically download the updates.
- Thereafter, you have to click “Install Now”.
- Once the available Windows updates are successfully installed, restart your PC.
- And then, try installing the QuickBooks Desktop application. Now once again to check for QuickBooks Exeadapter Error.
See Also- How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks?
Need Professional Help? Consult QuickBooks Technical SupportTeam
We hope you finally procure what you were looking for. In this technical guide, we proffer a fruitful course of solving instructions for the QuickBooks Exeadapter Error. If in case, you are still encountering installation issues, then feel free to connect with our QuickBooks Technical Support team. Your problem will be tackled by one of our proficient engineers. And later serving effectual guidance to your queries. So, in the blink of an eye, you can solve your error problem from the root, for sure! Dial the given 24/7 helpline number to consult any trained techies.