Want to Install Quickbooks on Multiple Computers? | Learn How?
If you’re eager to know how to install quickbooks on multiple computers; this guide is for you. It’s easy to set up Quickbooks on more than one computer once you know the exact process.
First, you should meet the essential (minimum) requirements for quickbooks installed on your system. Next, to have a licensed quickbooks software. You’ll be surprised to know that you can install QB on multiple computers using single-user version QB.
Let’s discuss— what are the essential requirements to set up a quickbooks desktop? And how to install it on multiple computers? Moreover, you’ll learn to install quickbooks without CDs on multiple computers?
Essential Requirements to Setup QuickBooks Desktop
An unavoidable factor of QuickBooks’s installation on your computer is meeting essential requirements. Whether it’s software or hardware-related, it must be fulfilled. Indeed, it’ll save you from errors and other issues that may appear in the system.
However, these requirements may vary from version to version. But, some factors, such as operating systems and others, remain the same for all.
Let’s have a quick glance:
1. Operating system: Supports Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
2. Database server:
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2011.
- Linux Opensuse 42.3, Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4), and Fedora 29.
3. Bowser supports: Internet Explorer (32-bit)
4. Hardware Minimals:
- RAM- should have at least 4GB Ram on your system
- Processor- 2.4 GHz
- Screen Resolution- 1280×1024
- Optical Drive- 4 x DVD – ROM
Download & Install Quickbooks Desktop Pro
There are two ways to install the QuickBooks setup on multiple computers. One,Install Quickbooks With CD and another via the website.
You can use one CD on three computers to install QuickBooks. The same is applicable when you install QuickBooks without a CD, which is via the website. That means you can set up QuickBooks on up to three computers with one account.
But, please remember—it’s not possible to access the same QuickBooks data file on two computers. But, sharing company files using the network is possible.
Moving further, let’s learn how to download and install QuickBooks on your system.
Also Read : QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: Download Quickbooks Via CD or Website:
Method 1- Via CD:
Follow these steps to install quickbooks with CDs on your system. You can use this CD for installing quickbooks on the system also.
- Place the CD drive on your system.
- As soon as it executes, a Quickbooks installer will launch..
- Right-tap on Start from the dialog box.
- Then, click on the Explorer tab.
- Now tap on the folder list to select the Quickbooks CD.
- Then, double-tap on the Setup.exe file.
Method 2- Via Website:
Here, learn how to Install Quickbooks Without CDs on your system. For this, please make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Go to intuit’s official website.
- Tap on the download button.
- Now, press Ctrl + J to open the download folder.
- Double-tap on the download setup file.
- After that, the QB installer will launch. Run it.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks on Your System
Before you proceed with Quickbooks installation steps; please keep the product number and license key handy.
- Go to the file explorer.
- Locate and choose the QuickBooks downloaded file.
- Double-tap on it and the installation will begin.
- The installation windows will appear.
- Now, adhere to the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Accept the software license agreement to carry on the installation process.
- Click on the Next button after every step.
- Enter your product number and the license key when prompted.
- Proceed with step 3.
Select the Correct Version and Install it on Your System
Once you’re done downloading and installing the QuickBooks system on your system; here’s choose the correct version of QuickBooks suitable for your business:
Custom and Network Install:
This type of QuickBooks installation is suitable when you’re hosting your file on a server, setting up a multi-user network, or installing QuickBooks in another location instead of the default location.
- For this, select the Express icon.
- Then, tap on the tab Custom and Network options.
- Choose Express and hit the Next button.
- Here, enter your QuickBooks license key and product number.
- Then, hit the Enter.
- Now, go through the available alternatives and tap on the Radio tab.
- Hit the Next button.
- Move to the Upgrade/change installation location page.
- Now, select the Change install location Radio button.
- Hit the browse icon and choose a different location.
- Now, again hit the Next button.
- Navigate to the Ready to Install page.
- Here, tap on the install tab.
This type of QuickBooks installation is preferred when you’re new to QuickBooks, installing QuickBooks on a single system, or installing QuickBooks for your personal system.
- Select the type of installation, Express install.
- Then, hit the Next button.
- After that, tap on the install button, and the installation will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, tap to open QuickBooks.
- Finally, click the finish button.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks on Your System
To access QuickBooks on your system, you need to activate it. Otherwise, the software itself will remind you to activate it by prompting you. Later, you can easily update it.
Here’s how to activate it:
- Open QuickBooks or it may open automatically after installation.
- From the top menu option, navigate to the Help menu.
- Now, tap on the option to Activate Quickbooks Desktop.
- Adhere to the instructions shown on your screen.
- Also, read the information provided on the screen.
Once it’s done, you’re ready to use QuickBooks on your system. Now, it’s time to set up a QuickBooks desktop. For that, read the next section below.
Also Read : QuickBooks Download
Let’s Setup QuickBooks Desktop on Your System:
You may find traditional explanations in manual exhausting. That’s why we have simplified the steps here, so you can easily set up QuickBooks desktop on your system:
- Firstly, register your QuickBooks program. For that, you may have to provide details.
- After that customize your company preferences and account settings.
- Next, import business data to QuickBooks.
- Then, sync your QuickBooks software with your bank accounts.
- Lastly, also sync your business credit cards.
Install QuickBooks on Multiple Computers with a Single-User License:
An alternative to installing QuickBooks on multiple computers is a single-user license version of QB. in this process, install the single-user license version of QB on your PC laptop. Now, if you want to extend this version only, you must buy an additional license.
- For up to 5 users: Buy a license for QuickBooks pro and QuickBooks premier.
- For more than 5 licenses: Buy license for QuickBooks enterprises (comes with 10 users licenses and allows extension up to 15 users)
Once you buy the license, you can easily install QuickBooks on multiple computers. Hence, repeat the steps mentioned in the above section (download and install QuickBooks).
Note: You can’t install QuickBooks on a shared computer. In fact, you need to repeat these steps for each computer.