QuickBooks won’t Update | How to Update Desktop and Payroll QB?
QuickBooks is the widely used financial accounting software enables small and medium-sized business owners to track sales and expenses, create and send GST-Ready invoices, track inventory and generate reports. To avail its all latest features, it is highly required to update the QuickBooks software. But during update, because of technical glitch, your QuickBooks won’t Update and throws a specific error message onto the screen. To handle this problematic situation in an ease way, you need to take QuickBooks Help from expert techies. Moreover, you can read the blog carefully and perform the troubleshooting guidelines mentioned here. You can surely solve this error at an instant.
If you want to Update Desktop and Payroll QB, you can update effort-freely either automatically or manually. If you turn on Automatic Updates, QuickBooks automatically downloads and installs the latest updates when they’re released. Otherwise, you can check for updates at least once a month to manually update it. But if facing any error while updating QuickBooks, here is the solution you should give a try once to fix the problem.
Effectual Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks won’t Update Error
Solution 1: Check the System Date and Time on Your PC
An incorrect or wrong system date and time set on your computer can interfere with the update process of QuickBooks. That’s why; out technical team suggests you to check the system date and time on the computer and ensure they are correct. Here are the ways for checking them out:
- Right-click your system clock on your desktop screen and then select “Adjust Date/Time”
- Give a tap on the “Change date and time” link and specify the current date and time
- Click “OK” two times consecutively
- Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop
- Run the update of QuickBooks Desktop once again
Solution 2: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
Go through the following steps to install a digital signature certificate if your QuickBooks won’t update:
- Go to the location “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” on your system
- Right-click on “QBW32.exe” file. Then select “Properties” option
- Now, go to the “Digital Signature” tab. And make sure Intuit is selected in the signature list
- Select “Details” tab
- In the Digital Signature Details window, click “View Certificate” option
- In the Certificate window, select “Install Certificate”
- Then after, click “Next” until “Finish” tab is displayed on the window screen
- Now, click “Finish” once it appears
- Restart your computer
- Open QuickBooks and then re-install the QuickBooks update and payroll update
Solution 3: Download the Update in Safe Mode
Download and Install the QuickBooks update in Safe Mode. Here is what you have to perform:
- Open your computer system in Safe Mode
- Re-download the update
- If the QuickBooks Updates download successfully, restart your computer in Normal Mode. Then after re-download the update to check for the error.
Solution 4: Check Your Internet Connection Settings
Internet connection on operating device is always, be the priority for any software updates. Therefore, before Updating Desktop and Payroll QB, check your secure Internet connection, open a web browser and visit Chase banking site. If you are unable to open the Chase banking page, you won’t receive any updates from QuickBooks. In such condition, you need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for help. If you can view the Chase banking web site, start QuickBooks Desktop and proceed with the following guides:
- Go to the “Help” section and select “Internet Connection Setup”
- Select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”
- Now, click “Next” button
- Select “Advanced Connection Settings”
- Under the Advanced tab, select “Restore Advanced Settings”
- Then, click “OK” tab
- Hit “Done”
- Update QuickBooks Desktop again
Dial QuickBooks Support Number if QuickBooks not Updating
We hope that the above guidelines are fruitful for you in a way to exterminate QuickBooks Won’t Update error. But, if QuickBooks still not updates and showing any error message, then make immediately contact to dexterous tech-savvy via dialing QuickBooks Support Number. This is the 24X7, accessible helpline number where every helpless user gets potential solution for their related problem.