As we all know, QuickBooks is one of the superlative accounting software in the world. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error that happens mainly while attempting to open a QuickBooks file. The message displays as ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close’ and it shows 50 unique numeric codes (QuickBooks Unrecoverable error, ‘xxxxx xxxxx‘). This error specifies that the software has experienced some ‘critical application fault’. So, to resolve this error, appropriate steps are given below and if you want technical assistance, then contact QuickBooks support team.
Origins of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The most common reason for this issue is when:
- QuickBooks didn’t close correctly.
- A window or window(s) were being left open while closing the file.
- QuickBooks gets crashed.
- So, under either condition, you will have major data corruption that locked us out of QuickBooks that is completely unacceptable.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The given solutions are some of the promising fixes for the QuickBooks error. Before fixing it, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is upgraded.
Method 1: Don’t allow QuickBooks to open all Windows during Start-up
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon and hit the Alt key on your keyboard.
- After that, the application will ask for the user password.
- Write the User password after releasing the Alt key.
- Hit OK.
- A file will open, hit Alt key again.
- Wait for a while till the file opens completely and then release the Alt key.
Method 2: Try another way to save the form
You can use one or more of these options to fix the problem.
- The use either the “Save & Close” button or the “Save & New” button which is at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- At the time of saving, do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form. Instead, leave it on a line that has an item filled in.
- Click on “To Be Printed” before saving the transaction.
- To print, go to File and Print Forms.
- You are receiving the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks during printing, then make changes or edit your Preferences.
- Click on the “Preferences” option from the Edit Menu.
- Tap on clear the Save transactions located under the Company Preferences Tab, before clicking the printing check box.
- Hit OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Re-register your QuickBooks files
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Select the Run option from Start Menu &write bat to re-register.
- Restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Open the “Sample File”
- Before performing the steps mentioned below, confirm that QuickBooks is closed.
- Double-click on your QuickBooks icon and press and hold the CTRL key.
- Keep on holding the CTRL key till the New Company Open screen appears.
- Click on the “Open a sample file” option.
- Select any of the sample company files from the list that opens up.
- You may be prompted to reinstate or upgrade the Sample File, click YES to continue.
Method 5: Troubleshoot QuickBooks
The aforementioned solutions is not helpful for you, then try these fixes.
- Run Reboot.exe
- Execute QuickBooks repair tool. This repair tool straightforwardly detects the damages and resolves it.
- Use QuickBooks clean installation.
- If any of the above solutions don’t work, choose repair Microsoft.NET Framework.
Method 6: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall all the associated files and again download the QuickBooks software.
So, if still, you are facing the same error, then contact QuickBooks support phone number. Experts will get in touch with you and try to resolve your issue in no time.