QuickBooks for Mac and QuickBooks for windows need various sorts of databases but there is not any accountant’s copy feature accessible in the Mac version of QuickBooks Online On Mac. For this reason, it is very crucial to change a file from the Mac version to the Windows version and then change back again. Here are some of the important steps that are suggested by the experts to resolve QuickBooks online login issues on your Mac computer. You will also learn how to convert a QuickBooks file. Due to the major differences between operating systems, converting a file from QuickBooks for Mac to QuickBooks for windows needs some file preparation. For technical assistance, get in touch with the experts by contacting QuickBooks Support.
Easy Steps Recommended By The Experts To Prepare The File
Go through these steps to prepare the file.
- Firstly, you have to copy the company file to the desktop.
- Check wisely for any special characters in the file name and company name. If there are any, you have to rename the file and eradicate the special characters.
- Next, you have to open the file in QuickBooks.
- Eradicate all the memorized reports and transactions.
- Rearrange the company files.
- Now, you have to execute the custom transaction detail report, varying the date range to all and permitting the memo column.
- Select the “Reports” option and then, go for the custom transaction detail report.
- Select all from the dates drop-down field.
- Choose the “Memo” option from the columns drop-down.
- Tap on the “OK” button to execute the report.
- Scan for any memos with the names longer than 50 characters or comprising special characters. If you encounter any such, then edit the transactions and remove the memos, and after that, you should rebuild the file again.
Smart Guidelines To Convert The File For Windows
- At first, you have to open the company file in QB for Mac.
- Select the “File” option. After that go for “Backup to QB for windows”.
- Enter a file name and save the location in save as window.
- Click on the “Save” option and allow the backup procedure to run.
- Exchange file to the windows computer system.
- Now, you have to open the QB for windows.
- Select the “File” option and then choose “Open or restore company”.
- In the open or restore company window, select restore a backup copy and tap on the “Next” button.
- Go for the local back up and hit on the “Next” option.
- Search and choose the QBB file that came from the Mac user and click on the open button.
- Hit “Yes” option and click on “Ok” when urged to convert the file.
Converting The Same File Back To QuickBooks For Mac
- You have to open the company file in the QB for windows.
- Select File, then choose “Utilities”. After that go for “Copy company file for QB for Mac”.
- Save the file option.
- Transfer the file to the Mac computer.
- Now you need to open QB for Mac computer.
- Select the file, then click on the “Restore” option. After that select from a disk.
- Choose the file.
- Hit on the “Open” button.
- Click on the “OK” option when asked to reinstate a QB for windows file.
- Finally, you have to enter a name for the restored file.
- Click on the “Save” option.
Now you can resolve QuickBooks online login problems very easily. You can login into QB online successfully. If you need any technical assistance, contact QuickBooks support number. Experts will guide you in all the process and resolve your problem in no time.