When you try to access the company file which is not present in your computer system, then only you will face QuickBooks Error Code H505. It can also appear when the QuickBooks company file which you want to access needs some additional configuration. A message will prompt on the computer screen by saying that “This Company file in on another computer and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” To deal with such trouble, you should go with QuickBooks Support as it is real and trustworthy. Easy and simple possible solution will be delivered at your doorstep. So, stop wasting your time anymore. Contact to deft connoisseurs instantly and get the problem solved from the root within a minute.
4 Best Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Simply, keep your eyes feast on the noted points as here we are providing 4 best possible solutions and by following them the error H505 will surely disappear. Continuously go through the below provided steps one-by-one and end-up your problem:
Solution 1: Confirm Hosting Settings
The QuickBooks error h505 is associated with the Hosting settings and comes-up with a message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and wants to close. Sorry for any troublesomeness.” So, you absolutely have to be assured that only one computer has the hosting option enabled by following the below given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks by giving double-click on its icon and navigate to File > Utilities
- You would be able to see the option “Host Multi-User Access” on the coming list which means that this computer is not hosting the company file and it’s safe to move on to the next computer. Don’t change anything if you see this option.
- If you click on File >> Utilities and you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access click on this option which will prevent this computer from being the host, leave only the host computer.
- Repeat this process for all computers except for the actual host
Solution 2: Make Sure Proper Services Are Running
There are a couple of services that has to be running at all times on the server computer, so let’s ensure that they are. Follow these points:
- If you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, then the easiest way for accessing the services running on your PC is to click on the “Start” button and navigate to the Run dialog box
- Type “services.msc” in the dialog box and wait until the list of services open
- But, if you are using Windows 10, then for accessing the Services you should press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to launch Task Manager
- Navigate to the Services tab in Task Manager and click on “Open Services” at the bottom of its windows, just beside to the gears icon
After finally open the Services, you need to follow the instructions noted below:
- In order to alphabetically arrange the services, pinpoint the “QuickbooksDBXX” by clicking on the Name column
- When you find the same, right-click on it and then tap “Properties”
- Navigate to the “Startup” type and set it to “Automatic” but make sure its service status is “Running” or “Started”
- If the status states “Stopped”, you should click on the Start button which is present inside the Properties option
- Next, click on the recovery tab, locate the “First failure” option and choose “Restart the Service”. This option makes sure that the service will restart automatically if it fails. Perform the same guidelines for Second Failure and Consequent failures
After doing that the service should start now and you won’t encounter any problems dealing with it in the future.
Solution 3: Make Sure QuickBooks Files are not Blocked By Windows Firewall
Firewalls may stop QuickBooks from accessing the Internet appropriately which is a major concern. Different firewalls may install on your computer but it’s not suggested to enable more than one. Let’s have a glimpse at how to make sure QuickBooks files are not blocked by Windows Firewall:
- Go to “Control Panel” by searching it onto the Start menu and then click on System and Security > Windows Firewall
- Select “Advanced settings” option and highlight Inbound Rules in the left section of the screen
- Right click on Inbound Rules and then tap on New Rule. Under the Rule type section, select Port. Select TCP from the first set of radio buttons and switch the second radio button to “Specific local ports. Now add the ports in order to cope-up QuickBooks updating functionality
- Make sure you separate them by a coma right to the last one while adding the different ports one by one and hit “Next”
- Select the Allow the connection radio button in the next window and click Next
- Choose the type of network when you want to apply this rule
- Name the rule something which makes sense to you and click “Finish”
- Make sure you repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules simply by choosing Outbound rules in the “Step 2”
Solution 4: Edit the Host File on Windows
Sometimes it is required to edit the Windows hosts file and add your Web server to add it into the whitelist. This is somehow an advanced process and make sure that you are following the instructions properly.
- Press the “Windows Key + R key” simultaneously to open the “Run” dialog box
- Type “cmd” into the search box and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt window
- Type “ipconfig /all” into the command prompt and then press Enter to run this command
- Take note of the Host Name and the IP Address. Repeat the same process for all workstations and computers connect in the multi-user environment
- The next step would be to edit the Windows Hosts File. So, do the same by following the given instruction:
- First close QuickBooks and then navigate to Start Menu >> This PC
- Tap on “View” tab in File Explorer’s menu and click on the checkbox states “Hidden items” in the Show/hide section
- Right-click on the Hosts file in the folder choose Open with… and open the file with Notepad
- Enter the IP address and type in the Computer Name. While entering this information, use the “Tab” key instead of the space bar to separate IP address and computer name
- When you are done with this above process, you can apply the changes and frequently reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Dial QuickBooks Helpdesk Number for Any Further Query
If none of the above solutions have resolved the issue QuickBooks Error H505, then we recommend you to put a call at QuickBooks Helpdesk Number and get united with top-most technical engineers. Let them handle your query because within a pinch it will be sorted out as they are experienced and intelligent.