Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error H202 in an Easy Way
QuickBooks error H202 pops up when you try to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode and the multi-user connection to the server is jammed. However, the H202 error may occur because the company file is on a different computer and QB needs some help connecting it. When this error encounters, a QuickBooks user is unable to open a company file placed on another computer. So, given below are the causes, symptoms, and remedies to fix this error. For technical assistance, you can also contact QuickBooks Support to talk with our technicians.
What are the major causes Behind QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks software is not able to connect with the company file/files due to the given reasons. They are as follows:
- Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- The computer’s firewall system blocks the communication path.
- Inacceptable or damaged DNS setting.
- Unable to connect with the server.
- Wrong hosting configuration setting.
- QBCF Monitor or QuickBooks DBXX not running.
- Corrupted QB company files/files.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks H202 error can have the following symptoms.
- First, QuickBooks may hold up or freeze.
- Your computer may become inactive.
- QB user is not able to switch to the multiple-user mode.
- QuickBooks error code H202 message displays on the screen.
- You are not able to open a company file located on another computer.
Related Solutions: QuickBooks Error H101, QuickBooks Error H303, QuickBooks Error H505
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Error H202
There are numerous solutions to fix QuickBooks H202 errors. However, for best results, follow the solutions in the given order. The steps are like-
Solution 1: Examine the network connectivity
- Switch off hosting on all the workstations.
- Then take the server name from your workstation.
- Type the server name and then hit Enter key on your keyboard.
If you notice packet loss or sluggish reply, that means the network has to be repaired. In such a case, move to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Access the Network Diagnostic Tool
- At first, Download and install the Diagnostic tool.
- Examine the folder where the data file is located.
- Note down the number of IP addresses and Network Interfaces.
- If the Firewall Status section has an Open Ports button. Then hit the button to allow those ports for QuickBooks.
- Check for the data file connectivity.
- Also, try to open your company data file.
If the error H202 is still there, then try to add the QuickBooks port to the list of exceptions in the Windows Firewall.
Solution 3: Add your server to the Windows Host file
- Go to the windows hosts file on your computer wherein the error is there.
- (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\) by the use of Notepad.
- Open Notepad as an Admin, if required.
- Also, keep the insertion point after the last IP address and then write the server’s IP address.
- Hit the TAB key once, and write the server name.
- From the File menu, select the “Save” option. After that, press Exit.
- Now, try to open the company file.
Solution 4: Make a new folder for your company file
- On the hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Share the folder and set it up. After that, Windows will access permissions to share the company files.
- Now, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to a new folder.
- At last, open your company file in multi-user mode again.
Solution 5: Fix hosting to local files
- QuickBooks and hit F2 to open the Product Information screen.
- In the lower-left, below the Local Server Information, choose Hosting to reflect ‘local files only’.
- Make sure that no other client system tries to host the same company file.
Solution 6: Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, open the Windows Run dialog box and then write services.msc there. Click on OK.
- Right-click on QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and then choose the option “Stop”.
- Right-click and choose the “Start” option. After that, close the window.
- Next, show extensions for the known file types.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose the “Explore” option. Then select the “Tools” option. Now, go for the” Folder” Options.
- Hit the View tab and erase ‘Hide extensions’ for the “known file types” box.
- Again, tap on the View tab and choose the option “Show hidden files and folders”, erase the ‘Hide protected operating system files box.
- Tap on the “Yes” option and click OK.
- Once it is over, then shut Windows Explorer.
Read Also- Common Ways To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Solution 7: Delete and recreate the .ND file
- In Windows search, write*.ND and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the .ND file in the Results window and tap on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Confirm deletion when asked.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Choose All Programs, then go for QuickBooks, and after that select the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
- Hit the ‘Scan Folder’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add Folder’ button and then navigate to the company file folder.
- Choose the company file and tap the OK button. The way to the company file is in the Folders with QuickBooks company files field.
- Hit the option ‘Scan’ to start the scanning process.
- After the scan is over, hit Close.
Solution 8: Access QuickBooks Repair Software
If even after going through all the above solutions you are unable to overcome QuickBooks Error H202, that means your company file is badly damaged and needs instant repair. Therefore, without wasting much time, download QuickBooks Repair Software and access it to eliminate all the errors from the company file. If still, the issue persists, dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number to get rid of this error.