QuickBooks is a revolutionary software in the field of accounting. One of its features is QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The server manager allows access to multiple users at a time and usually comes with the Desktop version. However, if you are still struggling to find it or downloading or updating the software, you have come to the right place. Here, with our step-by-step guide, you can download, install, and update the server manager. Besides that, learn what is QuickBooks Database Server Manager and how it works. Further, you will also get solutions in case the Server Manager fails to launch. So, let’s have a look!
What Is Quickbooks Database Server Manager?
The QBDSM is an excellent utility feature by intuit. That is why it is also popular as Intuit’s personal database manager. It helps in creating a data network for each company file on the host system. The tool maintains and organizes the QuickBooks server folder for multi-user mode which otherwise is not possible to access.
Features of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Server Manager is an important tool for QuickBooks software. Without it, the software can’t accessible and has an adverse effect on performance. Let’s discuss its features below:
- First and most important, it allows multi-user accessibility.
- It scans the company files to establish safe and also secure multi-user access.
- It lets you use different versions of the QB software (though you have to install the versions in chronological order).
- You can also find any information about the software with QBDSM’s help.
- You can check which version of QB you are working on.
Where is QuickBooks Database Server Manager Located?
Many users are unaware of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Location. It is actually a part of the QuickBooks Desktop file so you can easily get it. In case, you have already installed the software, you can update to avail the new features of QB. Another benefit of updating the software is experiencing better performance.
How to get QBDSM Updates?
Following the steps below you can get QuickBooks Database Server Manager Updates.
- The first step starts with downloading the patch.
- After installing the complete version, then reboot the server.
- Wait for the server to get updated on each workstation.
- As completed, you will receive a message telling you that the company file needs an update to work with a particular version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you have access to modify the database structure by updating the server manager. Along with this, you may also be asked to create a backup.
- Next, you will be prompted to launch the file.
If you find the file missing on your computer then you can download and install the QuickBooks Desktop from the section below.
Process to Download QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Here learn how to download QBDSM and install it. You can follow this section. Once you have downloaded the setup, you need to install it as well.
Quick Steps to Download QBDSM
Below are the steps mentioned for the QuickBooks database server manager download. They are as follows:
- First of all, click on the installer and then follow the installation wizard.
- Ensure to have a strong and proper internet connection to update the server manager.
- Select Next to continue.
- However, if your PC doesn’t have an internet connection, select No and then Next.
- Now, click on All Programs and then hit Next.
- Read the terms and conditions and then click on Agree to the software license agreement.
- Click on Next.
Once you have finished downloading the setup, then follow the steps for the QuickBooks database server manager to install on your computer.
Steps for Installing QB Server Manager 2021 :
Here are the steps for the Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager 2021. They are as follows-
- After downloading the setup file, select from the Custom or Network options.
- Now select the installation type. Select “I will be using QB on this system” if you want to access the program on your PC. Or, select “I will not be using QB on this system” if you only want to store QB data on your PC.
- To proceed, select Yes and allow access.
- Now, type in the license number and the product number.
- Follow the on-screen instruction for the installation.
With this, you are done with QuickBooks Database Server Manager Install.
How does QuickBooks Database Server Manager work?
Setting up a QB is not really tough. It doesn’t require technical expertise or in-depth knowledge. Just by following the instructions, anyone can get the setting done. With that, you can also use QB database server manager, just by following the steps mentioned below.
Launch the QB server manager:
- First, go to Start>> Programs.
- Then, select QuickBooks >> QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Before you move to the next option, you need to scan the company files stored on the server. It is to ensure that the files have been configured to allow other users to access them with no further issues.
- Go to Start >> Programs.
- Select QuickBooks >> then, tap on the QBDSM.
- Now, click on the Scan folders tab.
- From the list search for the folder where your company files are saved.
- When found, select and then click on the Scan option.
- From the Scan folder >> select the Add Folder option.
- Now, choose the folder you want to add.
- Also, select the location of the folder that contains the company files.
Remove the Folder:
- Select the company file folder.
- Select Remove folder.
- Cross-check if the file is deleted or not.
Select the option Scan:
- Select the folder with the company file and click on Scan.
- After scanning is finished, a list of all files will appear on the screen.
Monitored Drive Features:
This feature will keep your QuickBooks Database Server Manager Updates for every new company file added.
- Go to the Start >> Programs >> QuickBooks >> QBDSM.
- Now, select the tab Monitored Drive.
- Now select, Remove and Rename.
- Next, click on the Select option, if you wish to monitor all the local drivers.
This is the whole working process for the server manager. But users are mostly concerned that after putting all the effort in, what if your QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped. Well, worry not! You have got our back and so we came up with a solution for this problem as well.
What if QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped?
QB Server Manager may fail to launch or stop working for some reason. Then, you can follow these steps and get it started working again or also contact QuickBooks Technical Support. Errors that may appear while launching the QBDSM :
- QB server stopped working.
- The server manager failed to diagnose the error.
- The Severe manager stops working.
- QBDSM does not allow sharing connections.
However, if any of the above is occurring you can eliminate the problem through the cases mentioned below.
Case- I: Both the QuickBooks Database and Server Manager are installed on the server
- Open Quickbooks desktop on the server.
- Now select the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on the Company File >> Next.
- Select “open the file in multi-user mode” >> select Open.
- Log in to the company file >> Close it from the file menu.
- Lastly, go to start>> search for Database>> select QBDSM.
Case- II: Installed only Database server manager on the server :
- Go to Start>> Control Panel.
- Select Administrative Tools >> select Services.
- Right-click on the QB, (selecting the version you are facing an issue with).
- Restart the system.
We hope our guide helped you with the QuickBooks database server manager downloading, installing, updating, and launching aspects. QuickBooks software is quite popular in small and medium businesses. Therefore, the demand is huge. Since it is coded software, it is prone to many errors. For that, we provide QuickBooks technical help. Our technical experts have knowledge of all QB errors and issues and have assisted QB users all over the world. If you are also facing issues or have queries, you can contact us anytime in 24 hours.