Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 (Couldn’t Load the License Data)
Are you unable to load the License data? Follow the guide to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
Technology has made lives easy. Whether it is an ATM or accounting software, everyone is at the fingertips of humans. Likewise, QuickBooks is sophisticated accounting software that enables businesses to record their data and track business activities.
However, it is software that, like other software, is prone to some issues and errors. While some errors get resolved easily and quickly, some troubles for a long time. Error 3371 QuickBooks is one such critical error that many QuickBooks users encounter while working. It hinders the process of QuickBooks, hence, needs expert solutions.
Thus, to help you fix the QuickBooks Error 3371, we came up with this expert guide. Following it you can deal with and resolve the error. further, if you are looking for quick fixes, you can get the necessary information from the infographics.
Let’s get started with QuickBooks Error 3371 solution guide!
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
The QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is one of the QuickBooks critical errors. Majorly, it arises in two cases:
- When a user re-configures the desktop computer
- Activates QuickBooks for the first time, or
- Due to the presence of missing or damaged company files.
Since Quickbooks Error 3371 is a specific error to QuickBooks when it occurs displays a message, “Could not initialize license properties”.
Besides, when you activate or launch QuickBooks for the first time, you may get these error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
The error messages show that QuickBooks is not able to load the license data. And, it may have occurred due to missing or damaged files.
The original form of the error messages is shown in the image below.
When the error QuickBooks Error 3371 appears, select Ok and another dialog box will open. It will show you the Quickbooks fatal error with a message:
- Here, again, select Ok and the window will be closed.
Now after a face-off with the error, it’s time to fix it. Let’s move to the next section and learn more about the origin and solutions.
What are the Causes of Error Code 3371 QuickBooks?
As a part of registration, it is compulsory to have license information saved on your hard drive. But, if you lose the data or it gets corrupted, damaged, or missed, you may encounter the Error 3371 QuickBooks. Along with that, in the process of cloning the data also, the same error may appear. Hence, to get rid of the error, you are required to retype the license information.
Other major causes of error 3371 :
- Importing an unsaved file: the error may appear when you try to open an unsaved file. Hence, first, save the file and then try to open it.
- Damaged or missing components: the components necessary to run desktop QuickBooks are either damaged or missing.
- Damaged MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component required by the desktop to run. It is provided by Microsoft that helps to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file. In any case, if the component gets damaged, it prevents the user from accessing the QB accounting software.
- QBregistration.dat file is not working: in your QuickBooks, a file QBregistration.dat incorporates the license information. Every time QuickBooks is active, it searches for the file and in case the file doesn’t work, an error 3371 QuickBooks occurs. The file may be missing, damaged, or corrupted.
- Interference of Anti-Virus Program: If you have outdated windows or anti-virus, it may prevent some QB files from opening hence the error appears.
Some Critical Points to Remember:
- Always keep your system and the QuickBooks accounting software updated to the latest release. It can prevent you from facing several unwanted errors.
- Do you keep facing the same error frequently? In that case, do not compromise with QB security and contact certified technicians having expertise in QuickBooks software. And, if the issue is with your Operating system, then connect with a Microsoft professional.
You May Also See: Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error H202 in an Easy Way
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
If you are curious but have limited time, these infographics may help you understand QuickBooks error 3371 quickly.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks won’t Open Issue with Simple Tricks
Explained Methods to Fix the Error 3371 QuickBooks
Since the error brings a lot of trouble for you, you must fix it now. Following are the methods to fix the Error 3371 QuickBooks. All the methods have been explained in-depth. Hence, try the following methods one by one.
Method 1. Closing All the running Applications
- First, close the Quickbooks.
- Then, close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Now, press Windows + R to launch the run dialog box and type: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6), and then click Ok.
- Now, again launch the run dialog box and open Task Manager.
- From here, select the tab Processes and locate the QBW32.EXE instances.
- Select them and select End Task.
- Now, delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and register the application.
Step 1: Remove the ECML File
- Launch the run dialog box.
- Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the dialog box and click OK.
- Now, explore the window explorer and find the ECML file.
- Once found, right-click on it and select the delete option.
- Close the window.
- Run the QuickBooks application and register the product again.
Step 2: Rename the Entitlement File
The process to rename the entitlement file may vary for different versions of windows. Hence, we have provided steps for different windows users:
Windows XP user:
- Go to the Start tab and select the run box.
- Now, enter the path and locate the file – “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Click Ok.
- Finally, rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7 & 8 users:
- Double click the icon My Computer.
- Select C drive and locate ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement client*.
- Right-click the file and select rename.
- Once done, launch the QuickBooks application. (a new file is already created for you.)
- Moving forward, unhide the hidden folders.
- Go back to My computer.
- Tap on Organize option.
- Select the tab “folder” and then click Search.
- Select the option “Hidden files & folders”.
- In the last step, open QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
Windows 10 users:
- Right-click on the start tab.
- Then, select the control panel.
- Now, navigate to Appearance and Personalization and select File Explorer options.
- Select the tab View and scroll down to select show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Then, uncheck the option Hide protected operating system files.
- Finally, hit Apply and click the Ok button.
ALSO READ: How to Fix QuickBooks not Showing Mapped Drives Problem?
Method 2. Update Windows to the Latest Version
Aforementioned, it is essential to update the windows. It maintains the performance and smoothens the processing of the system.
To check for the windows updates, press the windows button or directly search from the search bar. Check for updates and wait for a while until the update list appears. Select the updates.
Once done, restart your computer and launch the QuickBooks application.
Method 3. Clean Install Quickbooks
Clean install QuickBooks will delete all the files of QuickBooks. So it’s always safe to create a backup before moving with this method.
Once you have created the data backup, follow these steps for clean install QuickBooks.
Step 1: Uninstall Quickbooks Desktop
- Press Windows + R keys. It will open the run dialog box.
- Then, type the control panel and hit the Ok button.
- Now, select the Programs and Features option and then select Uninstall a program.
- Locate the QuickBooks Desktop and select Uninstall.
Step 2: Run QB Clean Install Tool
Following step 2, rename the installation folder.
- Launch the QB Tool Hub from the desktop.
- Select the Installation Issues.
- Then, moving forward, select Clean Install Tool.
- Thereafter, select the QuickBooks Desktop Version previously installed and then click on continue.
- Wait for a while a message “Please install your copy of Quickbooks to the default location” will appear.
- Click Ok.
However, if you are unable to access QB while renaming the folder, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select the tab Processes and click on the image name column header.
- Now, select for exe, QBDBMgern.exe, qbw32.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe.
- Then, click on End.
- Now, if you see a warning message, then click Yes.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
- Insert the CD of Quickbooks Desktop or download from the intuit official website.
- Follow on-screen instructions for installing Quickbooks.
- Now, once the application is installed, enter the product and license number.
- Follow instructions that appear on your screen.
- Select Next.
- Again select Next and then hit the Install button.
- Finally, run the QuickBooks application.
Method 4. Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool hub is a fantastic repair tool for QuickBooks software developed by intuit. You can download and install the tool online and use it to repair and fix several QuickBooks errors.
Step 1: Run Quick Fix My Program
- Close all QuickBooks windows opened.
- Visit the Inuit official website to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Double click the download file, then accept and agree to intuit’s license agreement.
- Once done with the process of installing the tool, click on the Finish option.
- Now, from the windows screen, double-click on the QB Tool Hub icon.
- From the new window, select the tab Program Problems.
- Then, select Quick fix my program and hit the Ok button.
- Lastly, end the process to open the QuickBooks and then open the data file.
ALSO READ: Download QuickBooks for Free: 2016-2022 Desktop Pro 2022 or Offline Versions
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Since you have already installed the Tool Hub, open it from the desktop window.
- Now, select the tab Installation Issues.
- Next, click on the Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool and run it.
- Wait for the tool to detect the issue.
- Once the process ends, reboot the system and launch the QuickBooks to check if the QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
Step 3: Use Tool Hub to Run 3371 Error Fix
In case of step 2 doesn’t help fix the error 3371, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the tab Installation issues.
- Now, select the option 3371 Error fix and select Ok.
- Once the process ends, launch Quickbooks and open the data file.
You may also Read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
We hope the guide has helped you fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. We have explained each method in depth so you don’t get confused. However, after following all the methods mentioned above, you encounter the error, get professional assistance. Because such an error can get adverse and prevent you from working ahead. Feel free to connect with our QuickBooks expert, they offer services 24×7 in all parts of the world.