QuickBooks is an accounting software package by Intuit and marketed by the same company as well. QuickBooks error 3371 with status code 11118 usually occurs when QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets ruined that includes the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. You get a popup saying [Error 3371, StatusCode -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Below are the 3 major roles that will help the QuickBooks to reach this point.
- It provides great security.
- Work so accurately.
- QuickBooks software’s credibility.
A great number of businessmen use this software they even ignore the payout of the software in front of its services. Despite having such nice features, still, sometimes it denies performing well. Users at the time have to face few errors that occur every now and then. In the huge list of QuickBooks errors, one is- QuickBooks Error Code 3371. This error is a comparatively challenging one. So before tackling error 3371, let’s know about the root cause of this error.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 can arise while the user tries to execute the software after the reconfiguration of their system. The software is more fundamentally prone to the QuickBooks error 3371 when the hard drive is emulated.
Each time the error message 3371 pops up there are basically no tips for a resolution that pop up along with it. The dialogue box gives you the option of clicking on an “OK” tab. You can avail QuickBooks Help from experts to overcome this issue.
- Lost, corrupt, missing, or damage QuickBooks file/files.
- Corrupt, lost, missing or damage user information.
- Missing, corrupt, lost, or damage license data.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371:
- System crashes
- An error code pops up
- Unable to access QuickBooks files/file
- Mouse and keyboard inputs lag
When Error 3371 occurs in your device?
There is no fix timing, but it can occur due to some of the reasons. Check out some reasons below.
- While copying the data from one to another Quickbooks error code 3371 can occur. If the user information, product license, or file/files are either corrupt, misplace or damage, this daunting issue can also knock your system’s door.
- Datastores the product license information. When you open the QuickBooks software, the Intuit tech department will find that particular file. If by any form, this file is missing, damaged, or lost then you will face this error code.
- Damaged MSXML Component – MSXML is a vital factor of Microsoft provided to Intuit QuickBooks to execute the QB software on the system. If this component is damaged, it produces a problem in opening the accounting software.
How to fix QuickBooks error 3371?
The error generally occurs when the user either lost the data file or changes the system and shift to a new one from the regular one. Correcting the error could be a tedious task but it will save your personal accountant from the issue.
But before proceeding to the solution, users are advised by the experts that they should keep the back. Otherwise, you will end up messing up everything. If you are confused or terribly misguided then you can take the help from the QuickBooks support.
Given below are a few troubleshooting methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Take a look.
- Reinstallation is going to consume all your precious time. In such a case, you may execute the QuickBooks Component Check tool to analyze the problem.
- Contact QuickBooks Support for swift solutions. The QuickBooks support is proficient at providing realistic solutions that are the most appropriate to your concerns.
- You can also refer to the various information-based articles that are available online. Similarly, connecting with the QuickBooks community is the ultimate option.
Further Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371
- Hit the window + R button to execute the Run command.
- Enter: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8 in the Run command.
- This will execute the windows explorer window.
- Use the ECML file by tracing it.
- Delete it once you have found it by hitting the “Delete” button.
- Move back to the desktop and re-start QuickBooks.
- As you reinstall the setup, you will have to confirm that the version of QuickBooks installed is the current one. Once it is done, you can go with your QuickBooks.
If you are still experiencing the error after applying the above steps then contact QuickBooks Support to get immediate help from experts. They will guide to get rid of the problem.