QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks error 3371 with status code 11118 usually occurs when the QuickBooks system files EntitlementDataStore.ECML gets corrupt. This file includes the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. You get a popup saying [Error 3371, StatusCode -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This error occurs due to missing or corrupt files. This error is a comparatively challenging one. So before tackling QuickBooks error 3371, let’s know about the root cause of this error.
What do you mean by QuickBooks Error 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 is an error that arises while opening or activating QuickBooks Desktop. Although you may experience QuickBooks unrecoverable error if you don’t save the file before opening it. So, we will recommend you save the system files before importing the QuickBooks Online files. In the huge list of QuickBooks errors, one is- QuickBooks Error Code 3371. This error is a comparatively challenging one. You can resolve the error 3371 with the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Error displays on the screen
- When error 3371 occurs, it displays “Couldn’t load license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may occur due to missing files.
- Unable to initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371 status code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Each time the error message 3371 pops up there are basically no tips for a resolution that pop up along with it. The dialogue box gives you the option of clicking on an “OK” tab. You can avail of QuickBooks Help from experts to overcome this issue.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 can arise while the user tries to execute the software after the reconfiguration of their system. The software is more fundamentally prone to the QuickBooks error 3371 when the hard drive is emulated. You may even face QuickBooks Error 3371 after cloning hard drive due to several reasons such as-
- Firstly, error 3371 occurs due to a corrupt system file.
- Using an outdated Windows OS also leads to this error.
- Sometimes anti-virus is blocking some QB Desktop files.
- This error also appears when you open the files without saving them.
- The damaged MSXML component is another cause of the 3371 error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
- System crashes
- An error code pops up on the screen like couldn’t load the license properties.
- Unable to access QuickBooks files.
- Mouse and keyboard inputs lag.
When Error 3371 occurs in QuickBooks?
There is no fixed timing, but it can occur due to some of the reasons. Check out some reasons below.
- While copying the data from one to another Quickbooks error code 3371 can occur. If the user information, product license, or file/files are either corrupt, misplace, or damage, this daunting issue can also knock on your system’s door.
- Datastores the product license information. When you open the QuickBooks software, the Intuit tech department will find that particular file. If by any form, this file is missing or lost then you will face this error code.
- Damaged MSXML Component – MSXML is a vital factor to execute the QB software on the system. If these components damages, then it produces a problem in opening the accounting software.
How to fix QuickBooks error 3371?
The error generally occurs when the user either lost the data file or changes the system on which QuickBooks is running. Correcting the error could be a tedious task but it will save your personal accountant from the issue. But before proceeding to the solution, users are advised by the experts that they should keep the backup. Otherwise, you will end up messing up everything. If you don’t know how to fix this error on your own then you can take help from the QuickBooks support. Here are some troubleshooting methods that will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Take a look.
- Reinstallation is going to consume all your precious time. In such a case, you may execute the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will help you to analyze the problem.
- Contact QuickBooks Support for instant solutions. The QuickBooks support is proficient at providing realistic solutions that are the most appropriate to your concerns.
- You can also refer to the various information articles that are available online. Similarly, connecting with the QuickBooks community is the ultimate option.
Install the latest OS
First of all, check that you have the latest version of the OS. If not, then follow these steps to install the latest update-
- Hit the Windows logo and choose All Programs.
- Click on the Windows Update option and hit the Install Updates option. By clicking on this option, install the latest version of the OS.
Remove the ECML file and again create the entitlement file
- Press the window + R button to execute the Run command.
- Enter: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8 in the Run command.
- This will execute the windows explorer window.
- Use the ECML file by tracing it.
- Delete it once you have found it by hitting the “Delete” button.
- Move back to the desktop and re-start QuickBooks.
- As you reinstall the setup, you will have to confirm that the version of QuickBooks installed is the current one. Once it is over, then you can go with your QuickBooks.
How to manually fix the QB Error 3371?
- Firstly, again create the corrupt EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. As it will solve the license and registration issues.
- After that, resolve the MSXML or Microsoft.NET Framework via QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Next, perform the clean installation for reinstalling the QuickBooks.
- Then run the Reboot.file and update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1603?
The above steps will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Although if you are still experiencing the QuickBooks error 3371 even after applying the above steps then contact QuickBooks Support They will provide you immediate help to fix this error without wasting your precious time. They will provide you instant troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem.