When it comes to reliability and well-functional performance of accounting software, there is no better option than QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Error H101 usually been encountered when switching between normal to multi-user mode. The company file you trying to access might be present on the server instead of presenting in operating device.
The following error message will display on the computer screen:
Error Code: H101
This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
In terms of handling this problem in an effective way, you need to take QuickBooks Help from dexterous techies. You may also even read the blog carefully and follow the proffered guidelines. Choice is yours!
Reasons for the Appearance of QuickBooks Error H101
- Your computer system may not connect with the Server
- The company file is not been accessible from the server
- Antivirus software or Firewall settings may block the company files to be accessing and hence shows QuickBooks Error H101
- Corrupt or incorrect files configuration
- When the file is saved in none installed server
- QuickBooks is unable to get the IP address of your system
According to the reasons let’s solve your problem.
Efficacious Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H101
Following are the possible guidelines you need to go through appropriately in order to eradicate QuickBooks H101 Error effectively. Let’s have a glimpse:
Solution 1: Verify Hosting
- First, launch QuickBooks on all hosting computers
- After that, go to “File” menu and select “Utilities” tab
- See the option “Host Multi-User Access” on the given list. If this system is not hosting the file, go to the next PC. Remember you do not need to change anything on your workstation
- Once you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”, give a click to choose it
- Finally, tap “Yes” button to confirm the hosting
Solution 2: Check QuickBooks Services Are Running
Below are the effective steps you need to go through in order to check whether your QuickBooks services are running or not. Let’s apply the provided instructions as it is:
- First of all, press “Windows + R” keys simultaneously to invoke the Run dialog box
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and hit “Enter” key
- Then, in the services window scroll down to search for the QuickbooksDBXX service
- Ensure that the startup type is set to automatic and service status is running
- Then after, give a click on the “Recovery” tab
- Afterwards, you have to click on the drop-down menu for first failure to opt for restart the Service
- Tap “OK” button to save the changes
- Repeat the above steps again to opt for the QBCFMonitorService
- Finally, Open QuickBooks on every affected workstation in multi-user mode
If the H101 in QuickBooks Error still appears, go to the next guided method.
Solution 3: Create a New Folder for Your Company File
Following are the steps you need to go through for creating a new folder for your company file:
- First create a new folder on the hosting computer
- Under the permissions tab, select to “Share the folder and QuickBooks Company File”
- Then, you need to copy the “.qbw file” to the recently created folder
- At the end, open the company files in multi-user mode
If you face QuickBooks Error H101 yet, continue the next solution.
Solution 4: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is the powerful tool specified for detecting the error itself and solves the problem immediately through running it. You are required to download QB File Doctor on your operating system. Once the downloading completes, install the program. No, you are free to run the application on your PC to fix the error code H101 in no time.
Contact to Tech-Specialists for QuickBooks Technical Help
Don’t be upset! If you have gone through out the afore-mentioned directed instructions in an appropriate manner but yet the QuickBooks Error H101 unsolved. We have tech-savvy team present round the clock at toll-free number for QuickBooks Technical Help of your QuickBooks related error. So, without any delay, give an instant ring on the provided number and stay tuned with techies. In the blink of an eye, the given error will be troubleshooting.