QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 usually occur when you open a company file over a network or in multi-user mode, right after updating this company file to a newer version of QuickBooks. You may also get 6123, 0 error message, while you restore the backup.
To fix QuickBooks error 6123, 0, try below mentioned manual methods. Furthermore, you can also get the support from our certified QuickBooks Help team associates to save your time and effort.
As QuickBooks Error code 6123, 0 mainly occur in multi user environments, so you need to follow the available troubleshooting steps to eliminate this issue.
Whenever you use a QuickBooks company file over a network or establish connection over a network, then you may see one of the following errors:
- QuickBooks Error -6123, 0.
- Connection associated with the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0?
- You have a corrupt network connection with your host computer.
- Firewall software of the system is blocking a port that is significant to communicate with the server which is hosting the company file.
- Due to damaged .QBW files.
- Corrupt QB data or program files.
- QuickBooks database service is running on the several instances.
- Your installed antivirus is causing the trouble.
- Company file is accessed within the new version of QuickBooks at the same time.
- At the time of restoring a backup from a detachable storage device.
- Window user is damage.
These are the reasons which causing the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 to arise.
Resolve error while upgrading/opening a company file
- To start with, you have to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor within your system.
- Once the installation of QuickBooks file doctor is done, then open it.
- From the drop-down list, you need to check your company file.
- After that, mark check on the file damage only and then choose diagnose file.
- Now, you need to enter your admin password and then press ok.
- When you get a popup to upgrade your files to a newer version of QuickBooks, then you need to click on Open. It will automatically, repair and upgrade your company files to the latest version of QuickBooks. Else, if you select repair file in the existing version, then it will repair the company file devoid of upgrading it.
- You need to apply entire instructions in the file doctor, to finish repairing your data file.
If you are still encountering this issue even after using QuickBooks file doctor, then you can try rebooting your computer. After rebooting, the error is still there then, you need to follow the manual method to fix error 6123, 0.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6123, 0
For Single-user setup:
Go after the given instructions to manually fix the single-user settings
- Firstly, try renaming the .ND and .TLG file.
- Set folder settings or permissions to full access.
- You can also try moving company file to a different location.
- Make use of auto data recovery feature to fix your damaged files.
- At last, if nothing helps then create a new Windows user.
Steps for Multi-user setup:
- In this, you can also try renaming the .ND and .TLG file
- Set appropriate folder permissions that is, give them full access.
- Try moving your company file to another location
- Make sure firewall and antivirus ports are not causing the error.
- Switch or set your entire settings to Multi-user mode.
- At last, uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
Hopefully, above mentioned points are beneficial for you to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123, 0. In case, if you need further guidance, then contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number and make contact with ingenious professionals.