Is QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not Working? Here are the troubleshooting steps
Scheduling an automatic backup helps QuickBooks users to secure the essential financial data even if they forget to manually backup the files. But what if QuickBooks scheduled backup not working or doesn’t work! In that case, your financial data security will be at stake as you won’t be able to schedule the automatic backup and prevent the files from losing out. If you have been facing the QuickBooks automatic backup not working problem for quite a long time or it has occurred just now, then this comprehensive web post will be of much help. You just have to follow the steps mentioned here-in and restore the QuickBooks backup scheduling.
What triggers the “QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not working” error?
- You might be using an incompatible QuickBooks which is not programmed as per your Windows version. For instance, you have Windows 10 and your QuickBooks is configured to work on Windows 2003 or 2008.
- Your QuickBooks version is old or out-of-date and it could be a major reason behind QuickBooks automatic backup not working error message.
- The scheduled backups are not properly configured in QuickBooks.
- The company files are damaged which further leads to an error scheduling the automatic QuickBooks backup.
- Lastly, you might be using an outdated Windows version.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not working issue
Step 1: Install QuickBooks and Windows to the latest version
Step to Update QuickBooks
- Launch the QuickBooks
- Open the File tab, click close company/logoff.
- Click Exit under the File
- Now go to the QuickBooks icon, right-click over it and click Run as administrator.
- If you see the “No Company Open” dialogue box, then again go to the Help tab and click Update QuickBooks.
- Checkmark all the files under the Options menu and click Save.
- Click the Reset Update under the Update now
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to update QuickBooks.
Update Windows to fix the “QuickBooks automatic scheduled backup not working” error
- Search for Windows update settings on your computer and hit Enter.
- Under the Windows Update section, click Check for updates.
- Now, wait until the update completes.
- Restart the PC once your Windows gets updated successfully.
Now you should verify whether QuickBooks scheduled backup not working error has resolved or not! If it still persists, then don’t worry and try your hands on the next method.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool is an in-built tool that identifies the damaged QuickBooks company file and displays the “Your Data has Lost Integrity” error message. It further repairs the files automatically. Here is how you can run this tool.
- Launch QuickBooks
- Go to the File tab and then click Utilities.
- Select the Verify Data
- Now let QuickBooks scan the company files and fetch out the results.
- If an error message “Your Data has Lost Integrity” appears on your screen, it means the tool has found some damaged company files.
- Close the “Lost Integrity” box.
- Again click the File tab, click Utilities and this time go for Rebuild data.
- The Backup Company File pop-up will open, click Ok over it.
- Now the QuickBooks Rebuild Data tool will start to repair the damaged company file.
- Click Ok on the notification pop-up “Rebuild has Completed”.
- Now you may try to schedule the QuickBooks automatic backups.
Step 3: Verify the Scheduled QuickBooks Automatic Backup Settings
- Launch QuickBooks, click the File tab, and click Save Copy or Backup.
- Click Next on the pop-up.
- Now set the backup defaults by clicking the Option button, and then click Next.
- You may also change the location as per your choice, and click Next once done.
- Now click Save and schedule future backups and click Next to proceed.
- In the end, click Save the backup automatically after I close my company file (number) of times. You need to enter the number in the desired field box.
- Click Finish once done.
Step 4: Launch QuickBooks in compatibility mode as per your Windows version
- First and foremost, you need to check the Windows version you are using. For that open, the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R keys, type winver command, and hit Enter. After following these steps, you will see the Windows version on your screen.
- Move on to right-click on the QuickBooks icon and click Properties.
- Chose the Compatibility option and then click Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Further, you will need to choose the Windows version you are using, click Apply, and click Ok.
- Yay! With that, you have successfully resolved the QuickBooks scheduled backup not working In case the problem still persists you should get in touch with the QuickBooks experts.
Also Read: QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File
What to if still, the QuickBooks automatic schedule doesn’t work?
That ends the troubleshooting guide for QuickBooks scheduled backup not working problem. Even then if the problem remains unresolved, you can immediately contact the QuickBooks experts and take their guidance. Our QuickBooks team is well-versed with errors and they are reachable on the QuickBooks helpline number. Call us today to get reliable support.