With QuickBooks, just by a single click you can manage your small and medium-sized business in a hands-free way. Despite being amazing account management software, many users sometime face couple of technical glitches while using it. QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel is the one common problematic issue can be arisen when the software is unable to identify the Excel that is installed in the computer. Technical knowledge is generally required to deal with the problem of not being able to export the report or files to excel. Therefore, if you have a lacking of technical knowledge, you can take QuickBooks Help from well-qualified tech-specialist to make this trouble sorted out completely. Moreover, you can also read this post as we compile here many different forms of troubleshooting ways to fix it.
Why QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel?
There are several factors that can be caused QuickBooks 2017 Won’t Export to Excel. Check-out the primary factors noted underneath:
- This problem can occur due to an unsupported edition of the QuickBooks that actually does not support export to excel feature
- You might not using the latest upgraded version of the QuickBooks application
- It can be a partially or unsuccessful update of QuickBooks Desktop which may lead to this error
- The abnormal functioning of the File registry
- A corrupted MS excel software can bring forth the error: unable to export to excel from QuickBooks
- A corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop may be one possible reason of not being able to export report to excel from QuickBooks
Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel Problem
Well, a productive way to resolve QuickBooks 2018 Won’t Export to Excel issue is to re-register the entire keys with Microsoft by simply re-installation or just by repairing of Microsoft office. Doing this will let your QuickBooks to identify the installed Excel on your system. Go through the provided guidelines to do such things efficiently:
Solution 1: Check the Compatibility of your QuickBooks with Excel
Due to incompatibility of your QuickBooks and MS Excel, you may not export any report to Excel. So, here you have to first check it out whether the software is compatible or not. If it is not, make it compatible first by upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version and then try to export any report. Follow the given instructions to upgrade:
- First of all, login to your QuickBooks account by entering the correct credentials
- Now, once you are successfully logged in, purchase the latest version of QuickBooks and then download it on your operating device
- After that, run the setup and uninstall the existing version of QuickBooks to prevent any technical issues from being happening
- Carefully install the upgraded version of the QuickBooks software with complete precision
If upgrading QuickBooks doesn’t fix QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel issue, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
Make sure the version of your QuickBooks is up-to-date. Follow the below points to update your QuickBooks with the latest version if it out-of-date:
- Open the QuickBooks application on your computer system
- Navigate to the Main menu and then click on “Update” button
- Wait for the updating process to complete
- Before you start the update process, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection
Now, try again to export the QuickBooks reports or files to MS Excel. If yet it is not exporting, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Repair Microsoft Excel on your Windows
If an Office application such as Word or Excel isn’t working correctly, then sometimes simply restarting it will fix the problem. But if that doesn’t work, you can try repairing it by following guided steps:
- First, give a click on “Start” button and then go to “Control Panel”
- Next, from the “Category” view, go to “Programs” section and select “Uninstall a program”
- Click the office product you want to repair and then click “Change”
- Depending on the copy of Office either Click-to-run or an MSI-based install, do the following for your Office installation type:
- Click-to-Run installation type:In How would you like to repair your Office Programs, select Online Repair to make sure everything gets fixed, and then select Repair.
- MSI-based installation type: In Change your installation, select Repair and then click Continue.
- After then that, follow the on-screen prompted instructions to complete the repair
Once your Microsoft Office has repaired, go back into QuickBooks and then try to export a report again. If continuously facing the same error, go ahead with the next troubleshooting steps.
Solution 4: Toggle Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
Toggling your Windows UAC settings for on and off will reset anything that blocking the export feature. Here, what you have to do is:
- First, open the Windows Start menu on your PC
- Now, type “User Account Control Settings” into the search box and then open User Account Control Settings
- Select and move the slider to “Never Notify”
- And then click on “OK” tab
- After that, restart your computer
Once again you are suggested to try to export a report, if yet QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel, you can move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
Before you start installing your QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Excel need to be installed in your PC. Now, you can first uninstall your QuickBooks from your PC and then reinstall it properly to fix such common problem.
Reach Out To QuickBooks Error Support for Quick-Fix
When you are done one-by-one all these aforementioned solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Won’t Export to Excel error but unfortunately still can’t export files to excel. Don’t get disappointed! We are with you 24X7 for your help. Make a single call at helpline number and obtain trustworthy fruitful QuickBooks Error Support to instantly cope-up this problem. Your problem will be dealt by the top-most well-qualified techies.