QuickBooks is the fruitful accounting software specifically designed to manage account records, sales and other financial activities of small and medium-sized business. There is a repair tool named QuickBooks File Doctor to error-detect and quick fixes the glitches arise in QuickBooks. At some point of time, the utility QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working. The application may stop working because of several reasons. To learn and explore why the ‘File Doctor has stopped working’ and what are its exact possible solution, read out the blog. In this post, we have mentioned in detail form. You can find the information helpful as well as beneficial.
Furthermore, you can take QuickBooks Help from expert team to obtain satisfying solution of your related problem. It would be 100% guaranteed, lending a hand from tech-specialists will effectual and problem gets solving.
Reasons Why QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working
The list of most probable causes for QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working error is noted underneath. Have a glimpse once of them:
- Maybe you try to access the incorporated files
- Tried to restore files but it is not appropriate
- Updating the files
- The error can appear while converting the old version of the company files over a network
- If you miss out some QuickBooks files when installation phase
- The QuickBooks File Doctor Not Workingif the files are damaged, misplaced, and corrupted
Potential Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Error
We compile numerous effective solutions you can give try one-by-one in a way to resolve QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working problem. Let’s begin the provided instructive procedures accordingly.
Guideline 1: Open QuickBooks File Doctor Manually
Sometimes, the issue might be sorted out by simply launching the application manually. Here is how to launch QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Open the File Doctor Utility on system first and wait until the system displays ‘No Company Open’ screen
- Now, go to “File” menu, and then select Utilities –> Repair File and Network Problems
- In the appeared dialog box, click “OK” tab. The QuickBooks file doctor restarts the application with administrator rights
- On the dialog box that displays, click “Yes”
- Click the wrench icon to open the QuickBooks file doctor tool, and click “Continue”
- Afterward, login to your file by entering the login credentials. QuickBooks file doctor will now start working and repairing the errors if detected
- From the “Advanced Settings” tab, select ‘File Diagnosis Only’
- Press “Next” button
- After the system stimulates, open your file and check for the issues or Repairs Needed
If this instructed guidelines not helpful, proceed to the next solution.
Guideline 2: Repair the Corrupted QBW File
Backing-up the file is being helpful in replacing the corrupted files with the saved ones. That’s why; start restoring the backup of your damaged file. To do this, go through the below-provided steps:
- First and foremost, open QuickBooks and then click on the “File” menu
- Now, go to the “Open or Restore Company” option
- Then, Click on the option stating “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and proceed further by pressing the “Next” button
- Select the option “Local Backup” and then tap “Next” button
- A drop-down menu will appear at which you must browse and select the backup file location
- Then after you have to select the file that has a “.QBB extension”
- Now, for further process click on “Open” and press “Next” button
- A “Save In drop-down” menu will display on which you need to select the location for restoring the files
- Mention the name of the file in the name field. A “Save as” field will automatically pop up with the entry of the “*.QBW” file
- You have to click “Save” button to finally save the file that you have shifted from one place to another
Performing this accurately may solve your problem. But in case QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working yet, go to further solution.
Guideline 3: Make Use Of Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks files are auto-examined by the Auto Data Recovery functionality. The process may take couple of hours after the creation of files. For files working without any error, a backup is stored inevitably in the Auto Data Recovery folder. The backup remains stored for 12 hours to 24 hours or as long as the QuickBooks application is open.
In case, the same error still exists, use this option to recover the files and restoring them back again once the application starts working fine.
Guideline 4: Disable Hosting Mode and Configure Antivirus Software
To ensure the ‘File Doctor’ tool is running properly on your system, you have to turn off your system’s hosting mode. Then change the Security Firewall Settings to permit connections remotely from your system. If you are using McAfee antivirus for system security, go to the steps beneath:
- Open McAfee software on Desktop window and click on “Web & Email Protection”
- Now go to Firewall section. Click on “Ports and System Services” tab
- After that click “Add” button
- Now, type eMule under Services Name. In Local TCP/IP ports, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application
- Inside the Local UDP Port, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application
- Now, go to the “Open ports to” and choose “All PCs”
- At the end click “Save” button and restart your system
Call at 24/7 QuickBooks Help Number for Instant Support
Even after configuring the antivirus software and restoring the corrupted file if QuickBooks File Doctor not working yet, then don’t feel bad! We have tech-support team for your better help. To make direct connection with them you are suggested to put a single ring at QuickBooks Help Number. Your call will be immediately entertained by skilful techies and hence the File Doctor utility will start working without any interruption.