QuickBooks, despite being all-rounder accounting management software along with numerous amazing fruitful features, few technical glitches can also be happened sometime. QuickBooks Error Code C=51 is one of them, generally been arisen when unable to find the TxList. Furthermore, the specific error code also occurs while attempting to eradicate transactions from any report. When you confront such an error, it will negatively impact on your work-flow. That’s why, it is very necessary to deal with it as soon as possible in QuickBooks. If you are unable to fix this issue on your own, don’t panic! We are going to discuss in this post about its root causes and its productive solutions. Moreover, you can avail QuickBooks Help from experts to resolve the problem.
Requirements for Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Before start fixing this issue, you must compile the specifications for carrying out the troubleshooting process. There are three essential requirements you need to collect it with first in order to rectify the QuickBooks Error C=51. They are mentioned below:
- The Transaction Log file (.TLG- found in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Corrupted QuickBooks data file (.QBW)
- Any older backup of the QuickBooks Data file (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM) also be required
Reasons for the Appearance of Error Code C=51 QuickBooks
- Due to damaged media such as backups created on the bad floppy disks
- If having problems with QuickBooks Verification
- Damaged Company files will also be the one cause
- QuickBooks Rebuild error can lead to QuickBooks Error Code C=51
- If your QuickBooks database server is damaged or corrupted, this could also be the one reasons for the QB error C=51
Effectual Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Check-out the following guidelines which are relevant and efficacious in a way to sort out QuickBooks Error Code C=51. Have a glance and follow the given instructions:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to The Latest Version
If the installed QuickBooks gets outdated, then it is quite necessary to make an update of this software to its latest upgraded version in order to quickly terminate QuickBooks Error Code C=51. Therefore, upgrade your QuickBooks first and check if the issue resolves or still exists. Continue to the next fixing method, if yet facing the same problem with your QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Verify and Rebuild the Data In QuickBooks
As we have above discussed that QuickBooks rebuild error can cause QuickBooks Error Code C=51. That’s why; the second fixing step you need to take is to rebuild the data using the following guides:
- First and foremost, close all the tabs in the QuickBooks
- Once all the opened tabs are closed, shut-down the QuickBooks software
- After doing that, try to reopen the QuickBooks and perform the same task that you were earlier doing when experiencing such an error
- At the end, you are required to first verify Data utility and then re-build the data in a proper format
- Verify Data:
- Click “File” > Utilities > Verify Data
- Rebuild Data:
- Click “File” > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- When asked for the company file backup, click “OK”
- Choose the location where you want to save your backup and then press “OK” tab
- Next, you will receive a message “Rebuild has completed”, click “OK”
After rebuilding the data in a proper format, you can try accessing TxList file to check whether it has solved or not. If yet, facing the same, go ahead with the next solution.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is the best one that can be applicable for resolving most common QuickBooks errors including QuickBooks Error Code C=51. Therefore, what you require to do is to download it, check-out the erroneous files and then run the tool. You are good to go with your flawless work. If still getting the same error, continue troubleshooting.
Solution 4: Make A Backup File
Here what you have to do is:
- First, you have to restore the backup files
- After restoring, press the “Ctrl + C” keys simultaneously and move them in a new folder
- Now, give a right-click on the “File” menu and then select “Properties” option
- In case, the backup file is less than 6MB, then it is the incorrect backup file
- You will have to create a backup file once again by keeping in mind that it must not be less than 6MB
Solution 5: Check Your Internet Connection
Before attempting to download transactions in your QBW file, make sure there is a strong internet connection. Network connectivity issue might prevent you from downloading the transactions and hence throws QuickBooks Error Code C=51 on the screen. Therefore, it is mandatory to check-out the internet connection. Once you are sure with the connectivity you are good to go with the downloading process.
Solution 6: Restore Accidentally Deleted or Altered Transactions
Transactions can mistakenly be deleted sometimes from the QuickBooks Audit Trail Report. You can restore those accidentally removed transactions by re-entering the information. The Audit Trail Report shows all transactions that have been entered in your company file, including the deleted ones. It even helps in making any historical changes on transactions. To open the report, follow the underneath instructions:
- Open the Reports menu first
- Next, select the “Accountant & Taxes” option followed by clicking on the “Audit Trail” option
- Than after, you have to restore the transactions that are lost due to any technical glitch
Avail QuickBooks Helps For Error Code C=51
We expect that, with the given troubleshooting tips, you are able to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51. But, in any case, if you still receiving the same error code, without any doubt call at helpline number. The highly expert techies will provide QuickBooks Help to instantly cope-up this problem.