How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15104?
There are several reasons to get experienced with QuickBooks Error Code 15104 problem; it could be from QuickBooks updating process to damaged Windows Registry Entry. The blog-post has some fruitful information so you should walk through to know about such an error issue and to fix it. You can also avail QuickBooks Online Help to get help from experts.
Well, it is necessary to use Single-user mode despite using multi-user mode. So, if you are using multi-user mode in QuickBooks, immediately change it to single-user mode. You have to be also ensured that the mapped file location is correct. Follow the below-noted points to do the same:
- Open the Product Information window by pressing the Ctrl + 1 key simultaneously
- Next, select “Help” > “Update” QuickBooks
- Tap the “Options” tab and make sure the information in download location is right
Effectual Guides to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15104
Damaged Windows Registry is the root cause of encountering QuickBooks Error Code 15104. There are few works you should try to get rid of this problem instantly. Let’s begin:
Step 1: Accomplish System Restore
- First, open a System Restore window on your PC
- Choose “Restore Point”
- Tap the option “Scan for affected programs”
- Now, tap “Next” and click “Finish” complete the restore process
The System Restore won’t affect your personal files stored in PC. So, feel free to perform the System Restore process.
Step 2: Use A Third-Party Cleaner Program
- Download and install the third-party cleaner application on your PC
- Run the cleaner application on your Windows. Doing this will scan the Windows Registry for errors and automatically eradicate them from the root
- Make sure, your system is backed-up and then reboot your system
Additional Resolutions for QuickBooks Error 15104
If the same error code still persists when operating QuickBooks Desktop to update, then try the following.
Solution 1: Install or Uninstall QuickBooks In Selective Startup Mode
Keep your eyes feast on the given steps to learn how to install and uninstall QuickBooks In Selective Startup Mode:
Step 1: Prepare Your Data
Before proceeding, make sure you have everything you require for this process.
- What you actually have to do is to create a backup of your company file
- Keep a copy of your QuickBooks Desktop product and License Info
Step 2: Start Your PC in Selective Startup Mode
To stop other application for being interrupted while completing your task, switch to Selective startup mode. Do this with the help of provided instructions
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run command
- Type ‘msconfig’ into the dialog box and hit “OK”
- Go to the “General” tab, select Selective startup and Load system services
- Go to the Services tab and then select Hide all Microsoft Services
- Select Disable all
- Make sure the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ is unchecked
- Make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services. If it’s not, click on the checkbox to select
- Tap “OK”
- On the System Configuration window, choose Restart
Step 3: Uninstall or Install QuickBooks Desktop
Once your computer opens, try to install QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 4: Go Back to The Normal Startup Mode
After successfully installation of QuickBooks, you require to restore your system to its normal configuration. To do this, follow the given lines:
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run command
- Type ‘msconfig’ and tap “OK”
- In the General tab, select Normal startup
- Press OK
- On the System Configuration window, select Restart
Obtain Reliable QuickBooks Support for QuickBooks Error Code 15104
Have you gone through all the above-written troubleshooting procedures one-by-one correctly? Unfortunately, still facing the same error code 15104? If yes, then don’t worry! We have a technical team working day to night constantly to proffer cost-effective QuickBooks Online Support at door-step. So, without any confusion, give a call on the provided helpline number and stay tuned with them frequently. Within a short span of time, the problem will be resolved, for sure.