QuickBooks is the most advanced financial accounting software used to manage company data in an organized manner. It has many tools and options to reduce the work effort of its users. However, QuickBooks users sometime face technical errors when accessing it. One most common error mostly confront is QuickBooks Error C=272. Such an error issue can occur when running the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data Utility, or else when running a memorized report of work data. After receiving this error code, all your operations information, Payroll information, client information gets corrupted or broken. So, you must have a backup of all these to solely save your business and not lose customers at anyhow. You may either take QuickBooks Help from experts or read the blog-post to efficiently deal with this error code.
What Causes QuickBooks Error C=272?
There are several causes of QuickBooks Error C=272 and all of them are listed below:
- This may cause by data damage or when the QuickBooks software attempts to navigate a report or report-like data
- QuickBooks Data File probably get corrupted or distorted due to which such an error appears
- If 1099 & W2 forms are printed, then also this particular error code takes place
- It appears during running a memorized report in QuickBooks
- The Verify or Rebuild utility encounters a target “bit set” that is outside of the expected range
Different Troubleshooting Guides to Eliminate QuickBooks Error C=272
In order to cope-up Error C=272 QuickBooks, there are multiple ways you can try to fix such error. All are mentioned in the underneath, so let’s start from the first method:
Guide 1: Attempt QuickBooks Sample Organization File
Initiate attempting QuickBooks company file to deal with QuickBooks Error C=272 problem. Here are the steps to do it, follow them one-by-one:
- First, launch QuickBooks and then press the CTRL key alternative simultaneously until ‘No enterprise Open’ window will display on the screen. Once you see such Window release the Ctrl key now
- In case the error occurs before ‘No enterprise Open’ window seems at the screen, then circulate onto the following
- Press ‘Open sample file’ option, and choose a sample report from the given menu
- Now click on ‘Open pattern file’ option and tap ‘sample file’ from the list
- After that, open the sample document
- In case the sample company file opens without throwing any errors, then you can freely navigate to ‘Verifying & rebuilding QuickBooks. Business enterprise facts instead of repairing corporation document from backup
- But, if any error displays while running the sample corporation file, then you need to disable Windows Compatible Mode. In the next solution you can see the required instructions for that. So, keep on reading the post until your problem gets sorted out.
Guide 2: Disable Windows Compatible Mode Settings Via QB Desktop Shortcut Icon
If you want to disable Windows Compatible Mode through QuickBooks Desktop shortcut icon. You should nothing to do despite following the below-noted lines. Start following them to eradicate QuickBooks Error C=272 in the blink of an eye:
- First of all, you have to give a right-click on QuickBooks Shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop and then need to select “Properties”
- Afterward, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab
- Then, clear the checkbox besides the option stating ‘Run this program in compatible mode’
- Once the checkbox is unmarked, press “OK” button
- Now, finally click ‘Cancel’ button and pass to the subsequent step noted in the next guide
Guide 3: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode Settings For the QBW32.exe File
To do such thing, you simply have to go through the guidelines noted beneath:
- First, give a right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your Windows Desktop and then tap on “Properties” option
- Afterward, open the QuickBooks installation folder by clicking on the “Shortcut” tab and then tap on “Find Target”
- Now, you will have to place a right-click on “QBW32.EXE” and then tap “Properties” option
- Press “Compatibility” tab
- Unmark the checkbox besides the option “Run this program in compatibility mode”
- And then click “OK” tab
- Now, click on the “Cancel” tab if that checkbox isn’t checked
- After that, close the ‘Windows Explorer’ window and the QuickBooks shortcut properties window
Open QuickBooks and company file to check whether the QuickBooks Error C=272 has resolved or still appearing.
Call at 24/7 QuickBooks Support Number For Handy Solution
Don’t be upset! If still facing the QuickBooks Error Code C=272 while opening the company file. We are a technical squad ready to give you hands-free solution at your doorstep. Contact us directly through dialing QuickBooks Support Number. Obtain appropriate guides to get rid of this QuickBooks error code from the root.