QuickBooks is a famous personal accountant that controls all your finance related hassle. Most of the users sometimes face some issues because of the errors. And one of the most common errors of QuickBooks that occur is – QuickBooks error 6150. The error chiefly rises when the Company file is created, opened or used.
If the users find themselves in such a situation where, they are unable to open the Company file, and Company file shows an ‘Error 6150, -1006’ on the screen, then the first step users need to look for the causes of such error.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6150?
- QuickBooks or Company file is damaged. Users should create a portable backup file.
- If QB installation is corrupted or damaged.
- When users open a portable file without opening the QB.
- When users changed or typed incorrect Extension for QuickBooks.
- While saving the QuickBooks Macintosh file using QuickBooks in Windows.
- If the Company file is infected with a virus or internet malware, it can cause QB error 6150.
Solutions That Can Help in Fixing QuickBooks Error:
- If the error 6150 is linked with the file-extension of the Company File, then you have to change the File extension and again save the Company file using the right extension.
- Check if the Company file is opening on another computer.
- Re-install QuickBooks to get the latest version.
- Try to save QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac instead of saving in the Window-based system.
- If your QB files showing error while opening in Mac-system, then you can try opening it in Windows.
- QuickBooks always advise users to use proper antivirus protection on their system while opening the Company file.
Sometime the QuickBooks error code 6150 doesn’t get resolved by using the above-mentioned steps. Therefore, users can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue.
Methods to solve QuickBooks 6150 error-
Method 1: Restore From Backups:
- Open QuickBooks and then click on the file. In the drop-down menu, you need to select Open or Restore Company…
- From the given options, choose to Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Next, click on Local backup and click on Next.
- Choose the location of the Company file backup from the “Look In:” bar.
- Then select the backup, and remember that it should end with .qbb extension.
- Click on Open and after it clicks the Next button.
- Now go to Save-in drop-down menu.
- Next search for a preferred location where you can restore the backup file.
- In the file, name box types a new name for Company file and check it should be automatically saved with .qbw format.
- Now click on Yes and type Yes to confirm the process.
Method 2: Develop A New QuickBooks Desktop File from Scrape
- First, open the QuickBooks Desktop
- Now when you open the No Company Open window, click to create a new company.
- Next, you need to fill in all the required details.
- Click Create Company
- Start working by creating customers, chart of account and services and more.
Method 3: Use QB Auto-Recovery to Recover Lost Data
- To recover the lost data user need to recreate the lost transactions using the current Transaction Log file and a copy of the Company File.
- Next, you have to recreate the complete data leave the data that created just a few hours before. Use Company File and Transaction Log File to complete the task.
Method 4: Use Stellar Repair
Follow the below to remove the QuickBooks error 6150:
- Install the software, and Open it. Now click on Select File option (to open the corrupt Company File).
- Now, to start the scanning process, you have to open the Scan File.
- Next, verify the file content with the Preview of Data available- Company Information and Customer, Employee, Vendor, and other information.
- Click on the Browser button and choose the location for the New Company file.
- Next, you have to choose the QB version and click on Start.
By following the above steps the error 6150 in QuickBooks will no longer hamper your work. It won’t disturb your newly created Company File as well. If you are facing the same problem after applying the above steps then avail QuickBooks Online Help from experts. Experts will definitely fix your QuickBooks error.