Fix QuickBooks Error 2107 with 4 Easy Solutions
QuickBooks Error 2107 is a QuickBooks payroll error that occurs when you perform any type of direct deposit. The error can also arrive at the time of funding your QuickBooks Payroll profile using the direct deposit method.
As a result, the error can stop you from performing any of the tasks mentioned above. Sometimes, you don’t get the error code written on your QuickBooks, but it shows other symptoms that signify that it is going through the error. The given below signs signifies that your QuickBooks is suffering from QuickBooks Error Code 2107.
- Your QuickBooks might be going through any error if your PC, especially your keyboard or mouse, runs slow.
- When your QuickBooks crashes whenever you try to use your payroll services.
- Your Windows OS crashed.
- If your PC or QuickBooks is freezing when in use.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error 2107 Occurs
The most common reasons that can cause Error 2107 on your QB software and can stop you from performing specific payroll tasks are given below.
- Damage in QuickBooks components or downloaded files.
- Faulty QuickBooks installation.
- Some QuickBooks records have been permanently deleted from the server.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Faulty Windows registry.
If you are aware of any of the issues mentioned above with your QuickBooks or PC, then it is wise to work on that particular problem first. Fixing the cause of the error would eventually resolve the error. However, if you aren’t aware of any reason that might be causing QuickBooks Error 2107, you can use the four troubleshooting steps mentioned later in this blog.
Need Help with QuickBooks Error 2107? Contact QuickBooks Help now to get assistance from our technical experts.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 2107
Given below are the four steps that you can use to resolve the error on your QuickBooks. Note that you need to check if the error is resolved after following each step. You can stop once you are no longer getting QuickBooks Error 2107 on your QB software.
Step 1: Install Pending Windows Update
Most of the issues and errors are caused due to outdated system versions, which can be fixed simply by installing the latest system updates. For this, you are required to check your Windows for any pending updates and then install it.
- Write down the Update in the Windows search box and hit enter.
- You will now be taken to the Windows Update screen, where you need to check if there are any pending Windows updates.
- Click on the Install Updates option if any updates are pending.
Wait for a while until the system update is done, and when your PC reboots, launch the QuickBooks software to check if the error is fixed.
Step 2: Undo the Latest Windows Changes
Sometimes the error is caused by some changes you’ve made to your Windows OS recently. If this is the cause for the QuickBooks error 2107 on your QB software, you can use the below steps to undo all those changes.
- Open the run box by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Write down system restore in the run search box, and then select system restore.
- If prompted, enter your admin password and then take the Wizard support to perform a system restore.
- Lastly, you are required to reboot your PC.
Once you are done performing the above solution, re-launch your QuickBooks software and check if the error is resolved.
Step 3: Run System File Checker on Your Windows
If the above methods fail to fix the QuickBooks Error code 2107 on your PC, you should run a Windows system file checker to check and repair any error with your device. Use the below steps to run system file checker on your PC.
- Enter Command in the Windows search box and then press Enter along with CTRL + Shift keys.
- You’ll be prompted to give permission for processing further. Click Yes.
- Enter “sfc/scannow” in the black box shown on your screen and then press Enter.
- Wait as the System File checker is searching and repairing errors with your Windows system files.
- At last, follow the on-screen prompts to finish the procedure.
Step 4: Repair Windows Registry Manually
At last, if you are not able to resolve QuickBooks Error 2107 using the above methods, it’s time you should repair your Windows registry to fix any errors with it. You can use the below step to repair your Windows registry manually.
- Enter Command in the Windows search box and then press Enter along with Ctrl+Shit keys.
- Click Yes in the permission dialogue box to proceed further.
- Now you need to enter “regedit” in the Black box and then hit Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, you need to navigate and select the Error 2107 file.
- Click on Export from the given options.
- Save the QuickBooks Backup key shown on your screen and then rename it to QuickBooks Backup.
- Select .reg extension and save the file.
This way, you can get the backup of the QuickBooks Registry. After completing the steps, you can go back to QuickBooks and check if the problem is resolved.
If you are still getting the QuickBooks error 2107, then contact QuickBooks Payroll Help experts. We can help you by diagnosing the exact cause of your error and then fix it.