QuickBooks Error 1311 | Source File Not Found: How Fix it?
QuickBooks Error 1311 is the most common error that occurs when user is trying to export a report from the Financial Statement Designer to Microsoft Office Excel. There is another scenario for this QB error that is- it occurs when the user is installing or updating the QuickBooks desktop and there is an issue with the CD drive or the disk.
Hence, if you are facing this error, don’t worry here we have mentioned some effective solutions against the error to fix it. Moreover, you can avail QuickBooks Online Help to fix the problem. So, keep on reading and get complete knowledge about the causes and solutions of 1311 QuickBooks errors.
What are the Reasons of Quickbooks Error 1311?
There are mainly two causes behind the error, and these are mentioned below:
- When the Microsoft Office version is incompatible with QuickBooks.
- If the Microsoft Office installation is damaged.
Now, let us move towards the solutions to rectify the issue.
Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311
To fix this error you will find various methods, and we have mentioned some of them below:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks CD
- Insert the QuickBooks CD inside your CD-ROM drive.
- Now right-click on the Windows Start button and select Explore.
- Now create a new folder to copy the installation files.
- Navigate to QuickBooks CD-ROM. Right-click on it and select Explore.
- Now browse the QB and Third-party folders, copy them and paste it in the new folder that you created.
Solution 2: Restricting CD-ROM access
- First, click on the Start or Windows icon on your desktop.
- Now select Settings and open Control Panel.
- Now Select the Administrative Tools.
- Click on the Local Security Policy and Expand the Local Policies folder.
- Next, you have to choose one of the security options depending on the Windows version you are using.
- Change your selection to Disable and Reboot your System.
Solution 3: Use Photoshop Element Disc
Another option to fix QuickBooks error 1311, you can use Photoshop element disc. Follow the below steps:
- Insert the Photoshop Element install disc into your DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Now open My Computer and right-click on Photoshop Element disc.
- Next, you need to create a folder on the desktop and Copy the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder in it.
- When the copying process is done then you can eject the disc from the computer.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop Elements and double-click on Setup.exe to start the installation.
- Next, you need to follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Solution 4: Scanning and Installation
- Click on Start and go to All Programs.
- Then right-click on Commands and select Run As Administrator.
- In the Command prompt window enter, msiexec/unregin in the Command Prompt window, and click Enter.
- Now type the msiexe/regserver in the Command window and press Enter.
- Last, of all, proceed with the Creative Suite product installation.
Solution 5: Reinstall CS4 Application
- If you use Window XP, then go to Start and click on Run
- In the Open box, type msiexec/unreg and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows Vista, then select All Programs and go to Accessories and choose Run.
- In the Open box, type msiexec/unreg, and press Enter
- Now, in the end, you need to reinstall CS4 application. Open the application setup file, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Solution 6: verify Microsoft Office Compatibility
When you want to use the Financial Statement Designer, the Microsoft Office needs to modify it. The reports can be directly exported from the QuickBooks to office. Hence, follow the below steps:
- Navigate yourself to Control Panel
- Now double-click on Add or Remove Programs
- Then select Microsoft Office to do the changes.
- Now the versions need to be modified to Microsoft 2000 or later.
Hence, in this way, you can clear the QuickBook error 1311 from your system and can access the software without any trouble.
Get QuickBooks Online Help for Error 1311 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is the easy software and trustworthy, you can completely relive on it. But whenever, you face any issue with it you have to solve that error immediately for trouble-free experience. While using the QuickBooks if unexpectedly QuickBooks error 1311 occurs or you unable to use it, you can take the experts to help without any worry. With the assistance of QuickBooks Online Help, you can solve the errors of QuickBooks.