QuickBooks is the cutting-edge financial accounting software perfect for all small and mid-size businesses. Though, because of damaging of your computer system, you purchase new computer. So, to make use of QuickBooks application tool in your new operating device, it is highly required to reinstall or Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer from your previous computer. Most of you might have less technical knowledge and hence unable to move his/her QuickBooks from old computer to new one. If you are also one of them, don’t worry! Here are the fruitful guidelines only for you. Let’s give a glance on to the instructed lines.
Prepare to Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer
- Make sure your new computer meets the system requirements.
- If you haven’t already, download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Windows desktop).
- Keep your product and license number in hand.
Instructions to Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer
If you really want to reinstall or Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer in quick and easiest way, we’ll here show you up how you can do it manually. Here’s the information will surely helpful for you. Have a look at below points:
- The very beginning step you have to take is collect your product and license info of QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, once you have these basic information available, uninstall the pre-installed QuickBooks program before attempting reinstall
- Next, on your new purchased computer system at which you would like to install QuickBooks Desktop, download the installation file or else insert the CD
- Open the QuickBooks.exe file that you have downloaded on your new PC
- Follow the on-screen prompted instructions appropriately
- Accept the software license agreement and then click “Next” button
- Now, you are required to enter your Product and License numbers
- Then, select “Next” tab
- Now, successfully QuickBooks Desktop is been installed in your new PC.
Decide Which Install Type Is Right For Your New Computer
Basically, there are two options for installing QuickBooks which are perfect for you: express, or custom and network.
Express Install: Express install is recommended to you only when you are:
- A newbie user.
- Reinstalling QuickBooks.
- Going to use QuickBooks on just another computer
- Now, start express install by following steps:
- Select Express and then tap “Next”
- Select “Install”
- When it finishes, select Open QuickBooks to get started using this program on your new computer.
Custom and Network Install: A custom install can only be done if you are:
- Installing QuickBooks somewhere other than the default location (such as on a server).
- Hosting your company files on a server.
- Setting up a multi-user network.
- Choose the “Custom and Network” options and then tap Next.
- Select the option that describes how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- In the next, select Change the install location.
- Select “Browse” to decide where the QuickBooks folder needs to store.
- people put it in their Programs folder.
- Press Next to start the install.
- When it finishes installing, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
We strongly recommend you to take QuickBooks Help to learn more about QuickBooks installation and transferring it into new computer from old computer.
Common Questions about Reinstallation or Transferring an Existing Installation
There would be a couple of questions come in your mind when you take decision to Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer. Here, we discuss about them:
What If I Don’t Have My CD? There is no need to pull your hairs if you are not having your QuickBooks installation CD as using the license key number and product number, you can download your version of QuickBooks.
What If I Don’t Have My License And Product Key Numbers? If you don’t have your license and product number, then try finding the missing or illegible license or product number. Here is how to find the important product information of QuickBooks desktop:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your new computer
- Press F2 key on your keyboard
- Now, look for your product name, product number, and license number in the Product Information
- Look for your release at the end of the product number
- Go to the “File” section and look for your version in the Version Used. The list is sorted by date with the oldest version at the top and most recent at the bottom.
Will I Need To Register QuickBooks After I Reinstall Or Move It? Yes, you need to register again if you transfer your installation from one computer to another computer. Here is the guide to do so:
- Go to “Help” section first and select “Register QuickBooks” option to begin the registration process more effectively.
- After you enter your business phone number and Postal code, Intuit will detect your copy of QuickBooks which was already registered and will record the registration info for the new computer.
Note: If you reinstall QuickBooks on a computer where it was previously registered, you won’t have to register again. QuickBooks will detect your copy of QuickBooks was already registered and won’t prompt you to register.
What Will Happen To My Company Files? Moving your QuickBooks installation from one computer to another, doesn’t move your company files. Your company files must be copied to the new location separately. Although, you can Move your company file from your old computer to your new computer.
- Reinstalling QuickBooks over an existing installation doesn’t affect your company files. You can open your company files with the reinstalled copy of QuickBooks as you normally would.
Obtain 24/7 QuickBooks Desktop Support for One-Stop Help
The sequence noted above will walk you to quickly Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer. When you go through them accordingly, you can face some difficulties and that will be handled by QuickBooks Desktop Support team. They are extremely talented and enough proficient so in the blink of an eye you can move your QuickBooks Desktop from one computer to another one. Call the technicians as soon as possible and grab handy directions for transferring QuickBooks.