Facing trouble due to QuickBooks Bank Feeds error OLSU 1013? Here is how to deal with it. Have a quick run through the below article to learn the complete steps.
Those who are familiar with QuickBooks know how helpful the Bank Feeds feature in QuickBooks is. By leveraging Bank Feeds, the user can connect to the financial institution to download transactions or use other online services. However, sometimes the user had to have a face-off with QuickBooks error OLSU 1013, which appears on screen with an alert notification saying – “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Error number: OLSU – 1013.”
It could have occurred because the user might have an inactive bank account or the bank is not authorized for QuickBooks desktop online banking. Are you facing a similar challenge? Can’t set up your banking in QuickBooks online? Let’s dive into the facts that cause error OLSU 1013 and five practical steps to eliminate them all.
What triggers QuickBooks error OLSU 1013?
On a broader level, the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 signifies a problem with your bank or a troubled internet connection. In a few cases, the issue also occurred due to an outdated QuickBooks. Here are the wildest possibilities that trigger error OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks.
- The first and foremost reason that causes OLSU 1013 error in QuickBooks is a problem with the bank.
- Sometimes, when the user does not acknowledge the important alert notifications on online banking, this error occurs.
- Another reason could be, the bank has switched the service offerings to the web or direct connect.
- The possibility of an inactive bank account in QuickBooks online cannot be ruled out.
- The user might not have updated banking information in the financial institutions’ directory (FIDIR) in QuickBooks.
- The problem can also be with the QuickBooks or banking servers.
- The unstable internet connection also causes errors in QuickBooks.
- An issue with bank accounts in your company file also triggers QuickBooks error OLSU 1013.
- Your bank might be having an incompatibility issue with QuickBooks.
- Lastly, the error could have also occurred due to an unsupported version of QuickBooks or an outdated Internet Explorer version.
Things to be taken care of before troubleshooting error OLSU 1013
For easy troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013, you will need to ensure a few things. Please have a look at them below.
- Make sure that you are using the latest Internet Explorer version and it is set as the default web browser.
- Always create a backup of your company files to avoid losing them while troubleshooting.
- Do not leave any unmatched pending downloaded transactions in QuickBooks.
- Ensure that you are able to access your online banking account outside QuickBooks.
- Acknowledge all the pending alerts in your online banking.
- Make Sure that your internet is stable and high-speed.
- The antivirus program or Windows firewall should not block QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
- Always keep your QuickBooks up-to-date to avoid any problem such as error code OLSU 1013.
What steps need to be taken to fix QuickBooks error OLSU 1013?
Let’s don’t waste time and straightaway head over to the troubleshooting steps to eliminate errors OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks. Please don’t jump the instructions and follow the way they have been told below.
Step 1: Activate TLS 1.2 internet security protocol
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of Internet Explorer, i.e., IE 11.
- Now launch Internet Explorer on your system.
- Click tools situated as a gear icon on the top-right side corner.
- Select Internet Options, click Advanced, and move your cursor down to the security section.
- Ensure that TLS 1.2 security protocol is check-marked, do it manually if it doesn’t.
- Click ok to save the settings.
- Now save all open files, close all the applications, and restart your PC.
- Once your system gets back to the live state, download the transactions in QuickBooks to verify if the error OLSU 1013 resolves or not.
Step 2: Download bank feed transactions to verify if there is any problem with the servers
- Launch QuickBooks on your system.
- Click File and then click new company.
- The next step is to click on the Express start or Start setup.
- Further, you will need to identify the affected account and set up the bank feeds for it.
- Now you may try to download the transactions and verify if the problem resolves.
- If you still see OLSU 1013, you might have to contact the relevant bank to fix the problem.
Step 3: Verify the compatibility of files from the bank with QuickBooks
- If your bank uses a different file extension apart from .qbo, then QuickBooks won’t access those files.
- To verify the file extension type that your bank uses, you will need to download the transactions directly from your financial institution’s website.
- Simply navigate to your bank’s website.
- Login to your banking account.
- Locate any transaction and download it in the .qbp file extension.
- Finally, import files to your QuickBooks accounting software.
- If still, you can’t open files in QuickBooks, that indicates the problem is with your bank. Contact your bank customer care you get the issue resolved.
Step 4: Remove the inactive bank accounts and refresh connection with the bank
Inactive bank accounts in QuickBooks also lead to QuickBooks error OLSU 1013; hence, there is a strong need to remove such accounts.
Let’s begin with identifying the inactive bank accounts.
- Open QuickBooks, go to the company menu.
- Now you will need to click on the chart of accounts.
- Further, checkmark in front of Include Inactive.
- The inactive accounts will be displayed with a symbol of a lightning bolt beneath them.
Here is how to deactivate the online services of inactive bank accounts
During the setup process, make sure to press and hold the CTRL key while clicking over any button. That way, you will be refreshing the connection with your bank account.
- Firstly, you will need to right-click on the inactive accounts with a lightning bolt symbol.
- Now choose the edit account option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Bank Feed Settings tab, select deactivate all online services, and click ok.
- Finally, save and close.
- Now you can reopen the company file and ensure that no bank account shows the lightning bolt symbol.
Step 5: Create a new account and integrate it with the old one
- Open QuickBooks.
- Under chart of accounts, right-click on the account facing an issue and click edit account.
- Now you will need to highlight the account name and copy it (press CTRL+C to opt the file name)
- Put *at the end of the account name.
- Hit the Bank Feeds Setting tab, click deactivate all online services, and click ok.
- Click the option save and close.
- You will need to go back to the chart of accounts to create a new account and paste the file name that you copied earlier.
- Finally, close the company and reopen it after some time.
Here is how you can merge or integrate the accounts
- Navigate to the chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
- Locate the account name with *,right-click over it and click edit account.
- Rename the file by removing *and click save and close.
- When prompted to merge the accounts, click yes.
- Now you can set up the bank feeds and verify the problem by downloading the transactions.
Need assistance? We are here to help
These were the five steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013. Hopefully, you successfully solved the issue with the help of these instructions. Whether you have an account with any bank, these solutions will be of much help. If you are still facing trouble eliminating the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013, we would suggest you get in touch with our QuickBooks Pro Advisors team. They will provide you on-call guidance, and if needed, they will reach out to your door-step to fix the error. Our services are available 24/7. Call us now.