Facing errors especially when you are in the middle of an important task can be pretty frustrating. Do you know what adds more to the frustration? Not having any idea about what the error is all about and how to fix it. QuickBooks Error 41 usually pops up when the QuickBooks software is trying to use an older version of a print driver activation code for a newer version of the driver. In case you are facing error code 41 with QuickBooks then read this blogs or contact us at QuickBooks Customer Care Number for immediate assistance.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error 41 Arrives
Many reasons could lead to QuickBooks Error 41 and if you know the exact cause you can fix the error without much hard work. Before we start troubleshooting, let’s know why it occurs in the first place. Also, make sure that you have a steady internet connection and you can also try restarting QuickBooks on your device to see if it fixes the error.
- QuickBooks Error 41 can occur if you have too many applications running in the background.
- Your computer performance is poor
- QuickBooks suddenly stopped
- Due to Windows update interruption
- Your PC died or suffered blue screen death while you were using QuickBooks
- You can’t install on Uninstall QB program
So, these are the reasons that could possibly lead to printer not activated error code 41 quickbooks. Whatever is the cause of your problem, you need not worry because we have the accurate solution for it. Read the next section to troubleshoot your QuickBooks and make it work like before again.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error 41
Perform a System Restart
Most of the time, you can fix such errors with QuickBooks by a simple restart of your device. If the error is temporary, your QuickBooks will start working perfectly after it but if the issue persists you can continue with other troubleshooting steps.
- To restart your computer, click on the Start icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select the Power button and then click on the Restart option.
- Wait for your system to restart and when the windows get loaded completely, launch QuickBooks to see if the error persists.
Make Changes to Printing Permission
- Open your Windows PC and click on the Start button.
- Search for the Control Panel and open it.
- Navigate Microsoft XPS document writer and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties or Printer Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click on Everyone User Group. If you can’t find the Everyone Group option, then proceed with the next step.
- Select Add and enter Everyone.
- After that select and click on the check names.
- Click on the Allow column and select Printer.
- Click Ok.
- Open File Explorer and search for c:\Windows\System 32\spool.
- Select Printers and then Properties.
- Now click on Security Tab, choose Edit, and then click Add.
- Add local service and make sure it has full control.
- Click OK and create a .PDF file on your QB software.
Once, you are done with the above steps, restart QuickBooks and see if the QuickBooks Error 41 is resolved. If the error isn’t fixed, follow the next solution.
Use Windows Troubleshooter or Microsoft Fix Tool
- This one comes handy. If you are facing any issue with using any application on your Windows PC, the best and simple way to resolve it is by using Windows Troubleshooter or Microsoft Fix Tool.
- Scan your PC for issues and troubleshoot the problem.
- If you want to use Fix Tool, you would need to download and install it first on your device.
- After successfully installing the Microsoft Fix Tool, launch it.
- Click on Scan and select repair if any issue shows up.
At last, restart QB and check if the error continues.
Disable All Startup Services
If nothing seems to fix QuickBooks Error 41, try disabling all services from startup. You can do so by following the steps given below:
- Press the start button or click on the start icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Search for msconfig in the Windows search bar and then click to open the System Configuration option.
- Go to the Services tab and click on the Disable All option below.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
- If the system configuration utility prompt appears, check the Don’t show this message and then hit OK.
- Launch QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Error 41 is resolved.
By now, your issue must be resolved. However, if it is still there, there’s one last thing that you can do to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 41.
Reinstalling USB Composite Device
- Click on Start and type Run in the search box.
- Open Run dialog box and enter devmgmt.msc.
- Hit Enter and click on the plus icon.
- Select USB composite device and then click Uninstall.
- Hit Ok and connect the USB cable to your computer again.
- After successfully uninstalling USB Composite Device, you need to reinstall the drivers.
- Click on Found New option and right-click on the printer symbol.
- Click Print Test Page and close all the opened windows.
Conclusive Words for QuickBooks Error Code 41
That’s all. Now you should open your QB software to check if your QuickBooks Error 41 is resolved or not. There’s rare chances that the error would survive after all these troubleshoot, however, if it does, don’t lose hope. You can contact our QuickBooks Help Experts regarding your problems and let them diagnose the root cause of your issue.