Are you looking for a perfect solution to convert the company files from the different programs? Here is the QuickBooks conversion tool to ease the complexity for you without compromising data security. Let’s hear more about the tool, its benefits, limitations, and how to get the most of it.
QuickBooks took the accounting management business by storm by introducing the latest features every now and then. One of the most prominent tools that have made the bookkeeping software renowned worldwide is the QuickBooks conversion tool. It is known as the best weapon in QuickBooks arsenal because it can automatically move the data using some elementary steps. It can convert the files (like account list, employee list, account balances, etc.) from Sage 50 / Peachtree to QuickBooks. It doesn’t stop here; this tool can also convert the QuickBooks 2017 to QB desktop premier 2018 or pro-2018 or QuickBooks desktop enterprise solution 18.0. If you have never heard about the conversion tool or have no idea about how to use it, we have got you covered. Let’s get started.
How QuickBooks conversion tool benefits you?
The user expects many benefits from software or programs; some works pretty fine while a few don’t. Well, in that way, the QuickBooks conversion tool doesn’t betray you and works wonders with lots of benefits. Read below some of the benefits of this tool, which makes it the best in its class.
- The QB conversion tool assists in the setup process to convert the QuickBooks file.
- While working, this tool does not change the existing QuickBooks data files.
- It helps you import the data from the new QuickBooks company file.
- It does not at all compromise with the data security while converting the files.
- It helps you understand the current status of your business.
- The QB conversion tool provides different choices such as to import lists, account balances, historical transactions,
- It helps you create the records by creating a log file of the conversion process, which can be seen later when required.
Where QuickBooks conversion tool lags?
There are a few areas where the conversion tool lags or has certain limitations. They are related to importing the business data, about transactions, or loading account balances from different accounting software. Here is what you can’t convert via the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- Payroll transactions and employee year-to-date info such as paychecks or year-to-date adjustments.
- Payroll items that are used to calculate the paychecks. Employee’s wage or deduction information.
- Fixes assets information.
- Closed sales order, purchase order.
- And much more.
System requirements for optimum tool performance
There are some specific system requirements for the QuickBooks conversion tool to provide optimum performance. Here are some of the key pointers needed
QuickBooks desktop – QuickBooks pro, Premier or enterprise 2018 or higher.
Operating system – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.
Processor (minimum) – 500 MHz Intel Pentium 2.
RAM (minimum) – 512 MB.
Hard drive (recommended) – 2.5 GB of free space.
Microsoft .NET framework (minimum) – Version 2.0.
How to use the QuickBooks conversion tool?
Before converting the files, you must make sure that QuickBooks’ correct version is installed on your computer. The installed version should be registered and licensed. Additionally, ensure that the application of the file (that you want to convert to QuickBooks) should be installed rightly on your computer. Now here is how you can use the tool.
- Firstly, locate the conversion tool on your computer.
- Now you will need to double-click on the tool to open it.
- You will have to choose one option from “my own company” or “my client company.”
- After that, you can select the accounting software that you want to convert.
- Click next to proceed.
- Now you can choose the companyfile and click next
- Once done, you will need to choose the QuickBooks product and go to the location where you have saved the company while and click next.
- Choose the conversion levels as per the list that appears on the screen and click next.
- Also, choose the accounting preference based on the date and name of your organization and click Next.
- Verify that you have put up the correct details, click the startbutton, and click finish once the process completes.
Process of converting Quicken to QuickBooks
If you have been using the Quicken 2011 or previous version, then you can switch to QuickBooks by following some simple steps. However, if you are trying to convert the Quicken to QuickBooks of the same year, you won’t need the QuickBooks conversion tool. Instead, this tool can be used when is QuickBooks is newer as compared to Quicken. Here is what you have to do for Quicken to QuickBooks conversion.
- Firstly, you will need to launch the Quicken converter.
- Click next.
- Now you will need to accept the terms and conditions of the license agreement, click Next, and click install.
- Further, you will need to select launch Quicken converter and then click finish.
- The next step is to click on I am transferring datafrom Quicken to Windows and then click on get started.
- Locate and click Open a data file option, click browse, click convert, and click ok.
- Once you complete all these steps, you will need to click save and then click exit.
- Now open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now follow this path file > utilities > convert > from Quicken.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Process of converting Sage to QuickBooks
The steps of converting Sage to QuickBooks is pretty simple. Make sure that you can only convert Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop to the same location. For instance, you can only convert the US version Sage 50 to the US version QuickBooks desktop. Use the following steps to begin the conversion.
Step 1: Conversion initiation
- Ensure that you have installed QuickBooks and Sage in the same system.
- Additionally, make sure that QB data and Sage 50 data are stored in a hard drive.
- Before converting files, ensure to create a backup of Sage 50 data.
Step 2: Set up the Sage 50 application
- To set up, you will need to open Sage 50 on your computer and open the file that you want to convert.
- Now navigate to the main menu and click the maintain
- After that, you will need to shoot the choose users option and then click setup security.
- Further, you will need to open the data access or testingreports.
- Under access from outside the Sage 50 section, choose “with the following login information.“
- Click change, enter the password, and confirm.
- Once done, close the Sage 50 application.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks conversion tool
- Navigate to the QuickBooks official website.
- Search for the QuickBooks conversion tool and downloaded it on your computer.
- Locate the folder where you have saved the downloaded file.
- Double-click on the file (QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe) and follow the prompts to install it on your PC.
- Make sure to run as an administrator while installing the program.
Step 4: Steps to convert the data
- After installing, open the conversion tool and click the browse
- Now navigate to the folder where you have saved the Sage 50 file.
- Next, a new window appears called pervasive 32 – bit ODBC engine DSN setup.
- Here you will need to click the database name and click the QuickBooks company file and click ok.
- Now you can enter the sage50 password and click next.
- Choose the QuickBooks desktop version into which you are moving the series data.
- Select the browse button and then Choose the folder where you want to move the converted file. However, the default location will always be my documents.
- Once you verify all the details, click the convert button to start the process.
Still not confident about the QuickBooks conversion tool! Call the experts
If you are still facing trouble using the conversion tool, you must consider contacting QuickBooks Help. We have a team of highly experienced staff to teach you how to use the QuickBooks conversion tool and literally convert it to QuickBooks from other accounting programs. Call us today to get immediate assistance.