Use QuickBooks memorized transactions feature to never miss your due date. Recurring payments are common while running a business or for personal transactions. At the same time, missing those due dates may attract charges and penalties. Now you can create and manage the memorized transactions in QuickBooks to get a reminder every month on the exact due date.
Also, you can set the transactions reminder date as per your choice to avoid transaction woes by any chance. Once set, you can check the memorized transactions any time following the path – Lists > memorized transactions list. Here is how you can create, edit, and delete the memorized transactions in QB accounting software.
Steps to create memorized transactions in QuickBooks
Here are the steps to create QuickBooks memorized transactions. Follow the instructions in their given order to avoid any technical hiccup.
- The first step is to enter the transaction that you want QuickBooks to memorize. But before clicking the save button you will have to follow some other instructions given below.
- Please do not enter any information in those fieldboxes, that you think you may need to alter later on (such as do not fill the memo box because you may need to change it later on).
- Now go to the edit menu and click memorize [give a name to this transaction].
- Now depending on the way you want QuickBooks should handle your transaction, you will need to select any of the below options.
- Add transactions to my reminder list– After selecting this option, the transactions will be memorized and added to the Memorised Transactions While choosing this option you might be prompted to fill in the How Often field.
- Do not remind me of the transactions– After choosing this option, the transactions would not add to your reminder list. However, still you can use this as a template for recurring transactions.
- Automate the transaction entry– Once you choose this option, your transaction will be entered every time it’s due. Make sure to fill in the How Often and Next Date field once you automate the transaction entry.
- Now you can enter any other essential info and then click ok.
- Select save and close/next depending on whether you want to close or continue working with QuickBooks.
Steps to create a memorized transaction group in QuickBooks
There may be an instance when a few transactions have the same due date. In that case, you can create a group of memorized transactions in QuickBooks by following the below instructions.
- In QuickBooks, navigate to the lists menu and click the memorized transactions list.
- Open the memorized transactions drop-down list and click new group.
- Now you have to choose the group name and frequency of transactions.
- Once you made all the changes, click ok.
Steps to add transactions to a memorized transaction group
The following are the steps to be followed in order to add transactions to the memorized transaction group. Don’t miss any step, follow the way it has been given below.
- First of all, you will need to create or open a transaction that you want to memorize.
- Now click the option memorize.
- Select add to group.
- Now you will have to choose the group name where you want to add the transaction.
- Click ok once you made all the changes.
- If you want to add a transaction that you have already memorized to a group then follow this path. Go to lists > memorized transaction Right-click on the memorized transaction, click edit memorized transaction, click add to group, choose the group name and click ok.
Steps to edit a memorized transactions in QuickBooks
Besides, creating or adding the transactions you can also edit the memorized transactions by using the below set of instructions.
- In the QuickBooks menu bar, click lists and then click memorized transaction list.
- You will see a list of transactions, select the one you want to edit.
- Now you can make the necessary changes and click memorize at the top of the menu bar.
- Once done,click replace to update the transaction on QuickBooks, or alternatively, you can click add to create a new transaction.
- Now finally click save & close or save & next depending on either you want to close QuickBooks or continue working with the QB accounting
Steps to delete a QuickBooks memorized transaction
Have you made a wrong entry in QuickBooks memorized transaction list? No worries, you can delete it any time you want. Here is how to do it.
- To delete the transactions in the memorized list, go to the lists
- Now click the memorized transaction
- The list of memorized transactions will appear on the screen.
- Select the transaction that you want to delete.
- Now choose the transaction drop–down and then click delete transaction.
- Click ok once done.
What documents or things you can save in QuickBooks memorized transactions!
- Customer invoices.
- Credit card charges.
- Purchase orders.
- Deposits if any to be made.
- Immediate transfer.
- And much more.
Facing error memorizing the transactions in QuickBooks? Here are we for help
Hopefully, the instructions in this article helped you with memorizing the transactions in QuickBooks. Besides adding the transactions, you can create, edit, or delete the memorized transactions in QuickBooks in quick and simple ways. If still, you face any trouble, you shouldn’t worry about it as we are here to assist you in avoiding your technical woes.
We have a team of certified QuickBooks pro advisors who are available to help you fix any issue. You just have to dial the QuickBooks phone number, describe the issue you are facing, and get an instant fix. Don’t believe it, until you experience it. Contact us now.