QuickBooks allows its users to create and send invoices to its customers. But in order to send invoices on QuickBooks, you need to connect Gmail Address to QuickBooks. If you are also interested in using the QB invoice feature, then this is the first step you need to do.
In this blog, we will tell you about how you can connect Gmail Address to QuickBooks and use it for sending invoices, receipts, and more. In case you wish to get help for the matter instead of working on it on your own, then you can give us a call at QuickBooks Technical Support and talk to our experts.
Steps To Connect Your Gmail Address to QuickBooks
Given below are the steps that you can use to connect your Gmail address to QuickBooks. Before you start, note that you can only connect one Gmail address at a time only. If you want to connect another account you’ll need to remove the first one before.
- First of all, you need to create an invoice on QuickBooks. You can also just open an existing invoice.
- Now fill up the required details and Save and Send the invoice.
- On the next page, on the top of the customer email, you’ll find a drop-down menu named email.
- Click on the Add Gmail Address option and then click on the Connect Google account.
- Now hit the Next button.
- If you are signed in with some Gmail accounts on your device, you will get the option to select the email you want to use on QuickBooks otherwise you can simply sign in.
- Select Allow and then hit Start.
- Enter your email address and password in the given field and click on Next.
- Hit allow and send the email to your customer.
That’s all! You can now use Gmail to send invoices on QuickBooks. If something is bothering you with the procedure or if you can’t succeed in setting up your Gmail account, feel free to contact QuickBooks Technical Support for help.
Steps to Remove your Gmail Account from QuickBooks
If you want to use another Gmail account or your QuickBooks account to send invoices, you can simply disconnect your current Gmail address from QB using the steps below:
- Open any invoice or create one.
- Fill up the necessary details and then hit Save and send.
- Click on the email drop-down menu and select the Remove Gmail Address option.
You can now add another Gmail account or just use the default email address to send invoices or receipts to your customers. If at any step, you face issues, just give us a call at our QuickBooks helpline.
Troubleshoot Errors When Setting Up Gmail Account on QB
Sometimes, when you try to connect the Gmail address to your QuickBooks, you experience some issues and errors. For example, you might not be able to send invoices with your Gmail address or get an error message on your screen. Don’t be hopeless if you are also stuck in any such situation and follow the below troubleshooting steps to fix your issue.
Check Google Apps Administrator Settings
If you are trying to add your Google suite apps to QuickBooks and experiencing some issues, then you can resolve your problem by following the given below steps. Note that the steps are only valid for those using G Suite and not regular Gmail account users.
- Go to your Google Admin Console and sign in.
- Go to settings and then select basic settings.
- Navigate the Less secure apps section and then select Go to Settings for less secure apps.
- Under the sub-window, select Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps or Enforce access to less secure apps for all users.
- If you have selected the “Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps” option then you need to follow the below two steps:
- Go to My Account and navigate to the Less secure apps section.
- Click on the Turn-on button next to the Access for less secure apps option.
Check if the problem you were facing with connecting your Gmail account still exists. If the problem persists, continue to the next step or contact QuickBooks technical support for assistance.
Change Your Sending Forms Preferences
If you continue to face errors while setting up a new Gmail address on QuickBooks, performing the below procedure can help you fix your issue.
- Navigate the Edit button and go to preferences.
- Select the Send form option from the left side of the window.
- Under the send email option, select Webmail.
- Click on the Add button to add your email.
- Now enter your email address in the given field.
- In the email provider box, select Others.
- Enter the server name “smtp-re;ay.gmail.com”.
- Add 587 in the Port number.
- Enable SSL security and click Ok.
- Again hit Ok to exit.
Try sending an invoice with your new Gmail address on QuickBooks and see if you still face any issue.
We hope you have successfully connected your Gmail account or Google apps with QuickBooks. However, if for some reason you are still not able to connect your Gmail address to QuickBooks, then give us a call or chat with our techs online to get help.