QuickBooks Update Error 15311 generally appears when a user tries to download the payroll update or while downloading the QuickBooks. It can cause your Windows to crash, can make your system slow and sluggish. The error sometimes freezes the device and makes it respond late against the mouse and keyboard command. When your QB affected by this error it will always accompany the “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully’ message and ‘cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
Here in this blog, you will see how to fix the QuickBooks error 15311 as well as what the reasons behind this issue are. You can also take help via QuickBooks Contact Number from experts.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15311
Knowing the reasons for this error is equally important to know about the solutions. As the causes always help users to know what they have to do next. So, before you proceed towards the solution, look at the below guide:
- If QuickBooks is not installed completely
- When any virus or malware attack the whole computer
- If the Windows registry is corrupted
- When QB files get delete or damage, mistakenly
- Corrupted files from the downloaded QB documents
- If any interruption occurs while downloading
Now you are aware of the possible reasons for QuickBooks error 15311, detect which reasons are causing this error in your QB. Let’s know about the possible solutions to fix this error.
Fix Update Error 15311 in QuickBooks
Here in this section, you will the best possible solutions to rectify this error at home.
Solution 1: Install the digital signature certificate
- Right-click on QBW32.exe
- Now select Properties
- Click on the Digital Signature and verify if the Intuit, Inc. is selected from the selection list
- Now click on Details
- Choose View Certificate, in Details window
- Next click on Install Certificate
- Click Next, until you see Finish button
- Now select Finish
- Restart your computer
- After restarting open the QB and download the update again
These above steps will update your QB and will also fix the error.
Solution 2: Verify Internet Connection
Sometimes because of the slow and interrupted internet connection, the error may occur. So, verify the internet settings, through the below steps:
- Make the Internet Explorer the default settings
- Now verify the computer Date and Time
- Next double click on the time display
- In the Date & Time, ensure the current date and time your PC is showing
- After this, make any necessary changes you want to make
- Next check the cipher
Note: if the cipher strength is lower than 128 bites then the internet explorer must be damaged.
- Go to http://www.intuit.com.
- Press Alt, a Menu bar window will get open
- Now go to files and check Properties
- Under the connection, search for the number before Bites Encryption
- Next update the settings
- Click Tools and then the Internet option
- Click on Delete in the General Tab
- Select the temporary internet file and click on Delete
- On the Connection Tab select the LAN Settings
- On the Advance, tab scroll down to check if SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked
- If marked then clear the box adjacent to Check for publisher’s certificate
- Again scroll down to check if TLS 1.2 marked
- If yes then uncheck it
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop
To fix the issue in QuickBooks desktop you need to follow the below steps:
- Verify if the QuickBooks subscription is active or not
- Reset QB for Desktop Update
- Ensure that the Payroll service key is correct
- Now go to Employees and click on My Payroll Service
- Click on Manage Service key >> Edit
- Check if the key is correct
- Click on Next >> Finish
- Now restart your computer
All the above steps will surely get you out of the QuickBooks Update Error 15311, you just need to follow each step as mentioned. If the error still there in your QB, then you can take help from experts to get rid of this error.