QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 is a run-time error generally happens while running or opening the QuickBooks company file. When such an error appears, a message will pop-up suddenly on the Windows screen stating “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)”. With the existence of this message, you may get some effectual ideas about it and know better to get rid of. In case, you find difficulties to cope-up this problem, feel free to take QuickBooks Help from well-qualified techies. They have immense experience to handle such type of hurdle in an efficient way. So, choice is yours, either make connection with them or walk throughout the blog-post If you have little bit knowledge of QuickBooks as by going through the steps mentioned here can help you to annihilate the Error 6189 816.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
Some of the causes due to which you confront QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 are listed below. Have a look:
- The QuickBooks company file you are trying to access may already been used by other program or process
- Due to incomplete or you can say inappropriate installation of QuickBooks Software
- When you try to access a file that is stored in a folder but you can’t read or have permission, then also you can get such an error
- Having an accessibility issues with the company file on QuickBooks Host Computer
- If having issues with the QuickBooks registry values in Windows Registry
- A Malware or virus attack in Windows framework resulting a corruption in QuickBooks program files and hence throws an QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
- Due to Corruption in Windows registry, the same error arises
- When QuickBooks installation or updates might have failed to register
- Issues with the QuickBooks Hosting processes
- QuickBooks company log files are missing or damaged due to which you experience such error
There are reliable solution to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816. Go through the following points to know the fixation process.
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
Give a try on the below-noted instructions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 with an ease:
- The very first step you should take is to close all the programs on your computer that have come up with QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 and create troubles while opening QuickBooks company file
- Next, shut down your PC and wait for around 10-15 seconds
- Afterwards, restart your computer and then open QuickBooks again on your Windows and select the company file from the list which had earlier given an error and don’t let it to be opened. Though, the chosen file always shows the directory path below the QuickBooks Company File Location. The list box and it must show the information of the chosen company file e.g. File size, date and time it was last opened, etc. In case, such information is not displaying, then it means there is having a connection error and now repair the QuickBooks File Sharing configuration. So, let’s do it first and then try to open company file
- Moreover, you need to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version and then restart the program to open the file again
- Repairing corrupted QuickBooks file may solve most of the common error including QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 as well
- Update QuickBooks on the sever and then access the file from the QuickBooks server
- Then after, scan the QuickBooks file folder in QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the QuickBooks Server Computer
- Next, you have to check the location of company file that where it is stored
- Make sure that the data file is not stored in the removable pen drive, hard disk or any Cloud Storage applications like Google Drive, One Drive etc.
- Allow full access permissions to QuickBooks, Processes and Data Access
- Use different user credentials to login as it may help you in resolving this type of error
What to Do If Still Not Solved? Obtain QuickBooks Support Online
Don’t worry anymore if the QuickBooks Error 6189 816 still persist. There is a technical team who will provide trustworthy QuickBooks Support Online. You simply have to make direct connection with them through helpline number and follow their instructions accordingly. In a couple of second the problem sorted out and allows QuickBooks users to access the company file with no hassle.